Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sign posts in Meath

Options
  • 02-01-2008 4:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

I was travelling in Meath today, and was intrigued to sat the least to see that practically every directional / distance signpost on local roads pointed into fields or farmyards.

Now I know we are just at the end of a longish christmas holiday, and the council probably would not have been out in the rain and cold trying to correct them.

But who are the idiots that turned them in the first place? Do they think they're funny? They and anyone in Meath who knows who is at this activity should all hang your heads in shame. You are a disgrace to your proud county and country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagin many have been struck by vehicles and not corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

steyr fan wrote: »
    I was travelling in Meath today, and was intrigued to sat the least to see that practically every directional / distance signpost on local roads pointed into fields or farmyards.
    Pay a visit to Oldcastle in Meath,
    the layout of the road signs actually CREATES traffic,
    in a town where there should be no traffic given it's population size!

I would just love it if the road signs from one junction had some bearing on those from a previous junction, it's as if Meath county council feel if they helped you through one junction with road signs, that's enough - you'll be able to figure your way from there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭steyr fan

Victor wrote: »
    I imagin many have been struck by vehicles and not corrected.

Well then what idiotic driver drove so close to the side of the road that every sign for miles is turned.

Surly if a vehicle had turned them, wouldn't they be damaged!
    more likely your assumption is correct..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It's a combination of both but if we eliminated the use of finger posts and erected plate signage (in accordance with the TSM) as is the norm over the border you'd find this problem disappear overnight.

You can't easily twist a sign that's mounted on two posts, one at each end and installed the minimum correct distance from the carraigeway.

This is all in our rule book-the one we ignore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement