Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duvel triple hop

• 04-03-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Duvel triple hop was originally released in 2007 in a limited run, and subsequently released again a few years later.

Is it still in production? Or was the second run also a limited release?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

pa990 wrote: »
    Duvel triple hop was originally released in 2007 in a limited run, and subsequently released again a few years later.

Is it still in production? Or was the second run also a limited release?

2010 was the last one I saw - they still have it in The Abbot's, Cork.

Not sure if any was made last year but pretty sure none came to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

I saw it in the abbots a few times, gonna pick some up soon, didn't know if was now a regular or semi regular offering from duvel.

Might be worth getting a few extra to keep

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

what price..is it a hopped up version of the regular one as im off belgians at the moment as im on a hop quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

it's €20 per bottle, comes in a cool looking box.
    from what i was told when we got it in it's only brewed every 4 years and the next one will be 2014. it is a triple hopped duvel as the name says ;) but it wouldn't be on par with american style ipa's hop-wise if thats what you're into at the moment.

Just checked on the duvel and it may not come to Ireland on the next batch...didn't sell well for gleesons but in very high demand in the USA...

• Advertisement

Ronan cork wrote: »
    Just checked on the duvel and it may not come to Ireland on the next batch...didn't sell well for gleesons but in very high demand in the USA...

i dont think its selling well in the abbots either. lots of it up on the top shelf and its been there for some time now.

i'll be in during the week for 1 or 2 of them

There is a hell of a lot less than there was!! The boss man bought up a load of it...the store room was full of it now it's all on the shelves! Xmas made a good dent in it...

There is a hell of a lot less than there was!! The boss man bought up a load of it...the store room was full of it now it's all on the shelves! Xmas made a good dent in it...

I hope that boxing and moving them wernt the reason antone was bitching about his back being sore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I would love one but won't be anywhere near Cork anytime soon.

pa990 wrote: »

I hope that boxing and moving them wernt the reason antone was bitching about his back being sore

No that would probably be the lorry load of carling!

• Advertisement

KJ wrote: »
    I would love one but won't be anywhere near Cork anytime soon.

Where abouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Where abouts are you?

Dublin.

sorry man, i think the abbots is the only place to stock it from what i can find out anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kpatrick

Not sure if you guys are aware but Duvel tripel hop 2012 is available in 33cl bottles. I know one place i can buy them here in the Netherlands at 2.25 a bottle. A 75cl bottle of the 2010 cost me 8 Euros. It's a big price difference from what i seen above but it helps when the breweries are within driving distance of me!

Advertisement