Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slane Concert 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

It just struck me now, but this is one idea I have about Slane in the next two years;

2012 - Red Hot Chili Peppers : Chad said they would play Slane on their next tour so SC may be a more likely one as opposed to Oxegen

2013 - AC/DC : yes 2013 will be the year I bet because their 40th anniversary is that year so a world greatest hits tour would be desirable for fans hopefully with a Slane date included

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

karaokeman wrote: »
    It just struck me now, but this is one idea I have about Slane in the next two years;

2012 - Red Hot Chili Peppers : Chad said they would play Slane on their next tour so SC may be a more likely one as opposed to Oxegen

2013 - AC/DC : yes 2013 will be the year I bet because their 40th anniversary is that year so a world greatest hits tour would be desirable for fans hopefully with a Slane date included

No thanks. Hopefully with a Punchestown or Croke Park date would do me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No thanks. Hopefully with a Punchestown or Croke Park date would do me :D

Punchestown? Do you not remember how badly organised it was the last time they played there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The Big 4.......that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

poteen wrote: »
    I suppose you would prefer it in Dublin where it would be easy to get to for you and screw the other 31 counties. You need to get out more often from your safety net. Slane is one of the best outdoor venues in the world.

Ehh, Dublin is easier to get to for 99% of the country than Slane. Even when I lived in ashbourne, a concert in Dublin was far easier to get to than Slane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Don't think they could sell it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Presume Blink will do Oxegen next year

Blink have an arena tour in june 2012, including dublin. as a result they wont be at oxegen

poteen wrote: »
    I suppose you would prefer it in Dublin where it would be easy to get to for you and screw the other 31 counties. You need to get out more often from your safety net. Slane is one of the best outdoor venues in the world.

Im from roscommon, now living in donegal. Dublin is a lot easier to get to than slane on public transport and car. Slane is not one of the best outdoor venues in the world, its actually the worst in ireland in my opinion, for both access and getting close to the stage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Blink have an arena tour in june 2012, including dublin. as a result they wont be at oxegen

Im from roscommon, now living in donegal. Dublin is a lot easier to get to than slane on public transport and car. Slane is not one of the best outdoor venues in the world, its actually the worst in ireland in my opinion, for both access and getting close to the stage.

Id still say Blink will play Oxegen since they owe MCD a festival appearance , id say they had planned on coming back after Oxegen this year for an arena tour to promote the album but now that is happening next year. Plus by the time it comes to announcing acts for Oxegen the gig will either be sold out or just about(since the album will be out aswell)

If McCartney and Starr did decide to reform to take on all the modern bands, no the two-piece Beatles would have no chance of selling out Slane.
    Id still say Blink will play Oxegen since they owe MCD a festival appearance , id say they had planned on coming back after Oxegen this year for an arena tour to promote the album but now that is happening next year. Plus by the time it comes to announcing acts for Oxegen the gig will either be sold out or just about(since the album will be out aswell)

Blink won't sell out the O2. They're not that famous anymore, only the real oldschool and diehard fans from the 1990s listen to them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭bren2001

If McCartney and Starr did decide to reform to take on all the modern bands, no the two-piece Beatles would have no chance of selling out Slane.

Blink won't sell out the O2. They're not that famous anymore, only the real oldschool and diehard fans from the 1990s listen to them now.

Macca and Ringo would sell out Wembley stadium several nights in a row if they would reform and would sell Slane out in seconds.

They sold it out before. Be surprised if they didnt sell it out again.

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    Macca and Ringo would sell out Wembley stadium several nights in a row if they would reform and would sell Slane out in seconds.

Yeah perhaps.

So many people want the Beatles back together.

I'd say if they were a three-piece it wouldn't be so bad, plenty of successful bands are trios, Green Day, Muse to name but a few.

Hopefully if Beady Eye split up, Macca and Starr can recruit Liam Gallagher to fill in for John Lennon.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Yeah perhaps.

I'd say if they were a three-piece it wouldn't be so bad, plenty of successful bands are trios, Green Day, Muse to name but a few.

Hopefully if Beady Eye split up, Macca and Starr can recruit Liam Gallagher to fill in for John Lennon.

GTFO........NOW!!!!

P.S I think the above poster was talking about this Big Four and not the Fab Four

Kettle316 wrote: »
    GTFO........NOW!!!!

P.S I think the above poster was talking about this Big Four and not the Fab Four

Metallica are a band I would be more interested in seeing at Oxegen but yeah that would be a great lineup.

Oxegen needs these mega succesful bands to combat declining ticket sales.

Apologies for my comment about Liam Gallagher. I just find it hilarious that he thinks he's Lennon in every single way. Even at gigs the way he sings, please God tell him he's not John Lennon. He actually tries to sing like Lennon and he even wears the glasses.

Well they sold it out last year. Depending on how the new album goes it could sell out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Wrong Big Four lol.gif

this is a joke yea?

Huh?

Well they sold it out last year. Depending on how the new album goes it could sell out

Are there that many people that want to see men in their 30s sing about being a teenager?

Are there that many people that want to see men in their 30s sing about being a teenager?

well by that logic all metallica gigs would be full of people in their 40s. I was at the blink gig last Aug, 80% of the crowd was under 20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

If you had a euro for every time AC/DC have been tipped to play Slane in the past 10 years or so, you'd be a millionaire. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Advertisement

Well AC/DC are only recording the new album a the end of the year or i 2012 so they said they wont rush the recording process and presume they wont tour until its out. So if they do play Slane it prob wont be till 2013 imo

well by that logic all metallica gigs would be full of people in their 40s. I was at the blink gig last Aug, 80% of the crowd was under 20

No, what I meant was Blink 182 are blokes in their mid to late 30's and sing songs about getting boners in class and other pre-pubescent topics. I know it's made them rich so of course they're going to continue doing it but I find it a bit sad.

But anyway, let's get back on topic, i.e. Slane!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭bren2001

Green Day just played 15 new songs live in America. New album cant be that far off. Puts them back in the running alright so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

There was last year? :confused:
    If a gig still has 10 months to go i'm pretty sure it's got a good chance of selling out....(seeing as they sold out standing in no time last time around)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jedward would sell out there :p

JayZ and Kanye West have new album and are touring the US together they could be a possiblity maybe with Mrs JayZ aka Beyonce joining

What about Bon Jovi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jedward would sell out there :p

JayZ and Kanye West have new album and are touring the US together they could be a possiblity maybe with Mrs JayZ aka Beyonce joining

What about Bon Jovi

Bon Jovi only played 2 sell out gigs in the RDS this year. So, no - don't think they'd be in the running....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Yeah perhaps.

speak for yourself i wouldnt go across the road to see the beatles.pearl jam or metallica for slane.as well as ac/dc.

Bon Jovi only played 2 sell out gigs in the RDS this year. So, no - don't think they'd be in the running....?

Yea and im pretty sure Mountcharles snubbed them when they were in the running to do Slane either in 06 or 08

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Muse with Biffy Cylro and a few other bands would be awesome. I'd say Green Day but I don't know if they'd fit well wedged between Muse and Biffy, I think you'd need another similar styled act and then a few smaller ones. I'd definitely go if Muse were announced as headliners though, no doubt.

• Advertisement

Id say Muse will take next year off unless they have the new album out.

Advertisement