Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hymac 580d

Options
  • 05-10-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Newbie here. Just trying to source a track motor for my fathers 580d hymac. Ny help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

mikehymac wrote: »
    Newbie here. Just trying to source a track motor for my fathers 580d hymac. Ny help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks in advance

Try gaynors in frenchpark, tho parts will be scarce now with the price of scrap the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

My father operated Hy-Mac's for many years before he retired...specifically 580C's.

I'd suggest that you try some of the free-ads papers. Sellers of Hy-Mac's / Hy-Mac parts tend to be from the 'older generation' and tend to use paper media to advertise. Alternatively place a 'Wanted' ad in a free-ad paper...like 'The Dealer' (I have used this paper a few times with some success).

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mplant

thanks in advance

Late model 580c is the same.try micro hydraulics in Dublin.is it a hamworthy motor?should be able to replace it with a dowty pump of same dimensions.+44 (0) 1746 785002 Hymac parts uk could be worth a bell if all else fails

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mikehymac

Thanks for the replys. Not sure the make of pump. Il try gaynors and see if the have any. Pretty sure it is the track motor as it barely want to move on its own. And it pull a bit to the side when trying to track straight up any bit of a hill

Thanks for the replys. Not sure the make of pump. Il try gaynors and see if the have any. Pretty sure it is the track motor as it barely want to move on its own. And it pull a bit to the side when trying to track straight up any bit of a hill

It's not your track motor.it's an o ring on the crossline release valve.the valve is over the spool in the valve chest for that track.do not touch the pressure setting nut on outer part of valve.screw out whole valve body and then split,again don't touch touch pressure setting.you will then see o ring and spacer. Abbey seals in Dublin is where I used to get them.01 4277900.let me know how you get on.get a set of rotary distributor seals while you are there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mikehymac

Mplant wrote: »
    It's not your track motor.it's an o ring on the crossline release valve.the valve is over the spool in the valve chest for that track.do not touch the pressure setting nut on outer part of valve.screw out whole valve body and then split,again don't touch touch pressure setting.you will then see o ring and spacer. Abbey seals in Dublin is where I used to get them.01 4277900.let me know how you get on.get a set of rotary distributor seals while you are there

Nt to familiar with chest valves. So il have to look at it and try figure it out. What are the rotary distributer seals

Nt to familiar with chest valves. So il have to look at it and try figure it out. What are the rotary distributer seals

Pm sent.ring me

Advertisement