Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Desk setup

• 16-09-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently have two screens on my desktop, the smaller one to my right of the larger centre one. On the left, I have my laptop, which I generally use for outlook. Is it possible to control that screen with my keyboard on mouse from my desktop?

Ideally I'd like go to "screen resolution" desktop, see three monitors and position them correctly.

Is there such a program in existence?

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Sounds like you need something like this: http://synergy-project.org/ That used to be free, seems to be $10 now, not sure if there's a good free alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Exactly what I was looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

You're trying to just use the laptop's screen or actually interact with the content on the laptop from another desktop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

You're trying to just use the laptop's screen or actually interact with the content on the laptop from another desktop?

Either would suffice. Desktop and Laptop both have outlook! :)

Advertisement