Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are they any use?

Options
  • 20-02-2015 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi I was doing a clear out I found 2 five euro have notes are these any use or is it better to bin them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Come again - did you mean you found two old fivers i.e. five pound notes? Anything that used to be legal tender can still be cashed in at the Central Bank in Dame St.

http://www.centralbank.ie/paycurr/notescoin/exchange/Pages/default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

no the new ones sorry I should have said that I found ripped halfs same side?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

hollster2 wrote: »
    no the new ones sorry I should have said that I found ripped halfs same side?

If you have more that 50% of the note, the Central bank will exchange it for you.

ok that's great thank you for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That link to the Central Bank I posted above has a section on exchanging 'mutilated' Euro notes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I found half a €20 note recently and as the serial number was on it, I was able to exchange it at the bank!

Thanks ill give it a try :)

Advertisement