Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Re: PS Vita... Is it trolling if...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Amazon bundle is very good. Vita wifi, free 8gb memory card and a selected game for £15. Comes to £239.

Edit - game is optional so you can just order the vita and free 8gb memory card for £219
    How much does it come to us with amazon exchange rates? I presume it's free Delevery too? I wonder of it would arrive on launch day...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How much does it come to us with amazon exchange rates? I presume it's free Delevery too? I wonder of it would arrive on launch day...

Around 285 euros for the vita, 8gb, game and around 262 euros for vita and 8gb memory card. It's free delivery and it's dispatched on the 21st

Around 285 euros for the vita, 8gb, game and around 262 euros for vita and 8gb memory card. It's free delivery and it's dispatched on the 21st

If I preorder, do they take the money of card now or when it's dispatched? I got money, it's just how long I can hide that fact from misses that I am buying vita :D

If I preorder, do they take the money of card now or when it's dispatched? I got money, it's just how long I can hide that fact from misses that I am buying vita :D

No, Amazon don't take money until it's delivered to the buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Amazon normally do not take your money until they are shipping the product.

• Advertisement

damn it, amazons complicated bundle crap again...

so i add all those items and it will reduce price on checkout?

damn it, amazons complicated bundle crap again...

so i add all those items and it will reduce price on checkout?

Yes:)

Yes:)

what about cancellations with amazon? if i cancel preorder?

firs of all i will have to have a serious chat with misses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If you cancel before the item ships, you do not pay a penny.

If there is a better deal between now and launch day I will cancel. Amazon will probably price match any lower priced bundles though.

• Advertisement

cheers lads, cost wises i am not worried, but misses might be a problem :D

"hey, kitten! how was work today? you know i love you very much... so remember i was telling you how cool and awesome ps vita was... so you wont believe what amazon offers! "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

"kitten"?

"kitten"?

i am foreigner. it sounds even nicer in my language :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

i am foreigner. it sounds even nicer in my language :D

Cork is not foreign, just a little strange is all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Oh god...
    I just thought of someone with a Cark* accent saying Kitten really sensually.
    Does not work :D

*Tis Cark bai, learn ta spell!

Oh god...
    I just thought of someone with a Cark* accent saying Kitten really sensually.
    Does not work :D

*Tis Cark bai, learn ta spell!

well after 6/7 year in co. cork i am getting this cork accent you talk about :cool:

now i am on vent with all my northen ireland lads too.

so when i talk, you hear - a mix of eastern europe/cork/northen irish/american accent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/default.aspx?quickSearch=psvita+8%2F12

Well now it's getting interesting. Gamestop have a bundle with a Wifi Vita, Uncharted and a 16gb memory card for €329.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Depends how much that'll be in store though.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Depends how much that'll be in store though.

To be honest I would love to know how much that bundle would be in a shop. If it will be around same, then I will buy it in shop. Some sort of support for my local bric and mortar shop I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the missus got me wipeout 2048 and uncharted today

alas i have no vita to play them on til next wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/default.aspx?quickSearch=psvita+8%2F12

Well now it's getting interesting. Gamestop have a bundle with a Wifi Vita, Uncharted and a 16gb memory card for €329.99.

Only saves €11, not the best deal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Have a gift card worth 297 euro for hmv if anyone's interested in saving a few quid towards the vita

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Does the memory card size play a big role with the vita?? Like I take it you need it for downloading games from psn but are the games really that big memory size??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Its nearly here!
    The complete ambivalence is killing me!
    I'm getting one on October, maybe a little earlier, depending on the price point, mem card inclusion and some more decent games aside from Uncharted and Wipeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Wonder what odds I'd get for Ciderman, after starting the thread, buying one within the first week of launch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ghostchant wrote: »
    Wonder what odds I'd get for Ciderman, after starting the thread, buying one within the first week of launch...

Youd get great odds, coz he'd never be allowed :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I honestly don't want one yet.
    I know that in times past the panic would start with a month to go before the launch of new hardware and I'd find a way to buy the new device, but in this instance I have no compulsion whatsoever to get one.
    The two lead games of Uncharted and Wipeout offer little more than the growed up versions I played on my dear, departed PS3.
    The price you pay for the basic version of the PSVita, 250, does not include the memory card or a couple of games, so I'd wind up spending more like €400 at launch.
    There is simply nothing compelling enough about this device to make me spend that sort of money.
    I'd rather spend a wedge like that on a new PS3 and a PcEngine Duo-R!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I still want this more. Even if it was a fake.

I dunno, I had a long think about after seeing that bundle price but even now I don't think I'm going to get one. Definately not at launch, and probably not until there's a price drop and a bigger (and cheaper) library of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm definitely getting one, can't wait :D

• Advertisement

I want one too. Best thing is that launch titles are not as bad as 3ds ones were.

Then I can still play ps1 games on. It would be very handy, because I got in to FF7 again! It's still such a great game, you even forget that it is ps1 game. It's aged looks dissapeared after 2h in!

Advertisement