Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lulzsec merge

Comments

brimal wrote: »
    Yes, it is only a .txt file.

If you don't want to download it, PM me any email you want checked and I'll check it for you.
    While yes its only a .txt file, would it be illegal to download this content, seen as how it was gotten (more than likely) illegally??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Not on it, thankfully. I don't mind them breaching websites to show weaknesses but when you start releasing details belonging to the general public it crosses a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Not on it, thankfully. I don't mind them breaching websites to show weaknesses but when you start releasing details belonging to the general public it crosses a line.

Agreed. They got 200,000 names and passwords for the game Brink but said that they weren't going to release it because they like the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

While yes its only a .txt file, would it be illegal to download this content, seen as how it was gotten (more than likely) illegally??

No, once it's in the public domain it's fair game for all.

That is somewhat true. However I think that the download is now at over 50,000 so you are more than likely safe from prosecution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

yea that's a bit bent... i'm not there thank god...

Cool, thanks lads. I just wanted to make sure.

Am I right in saying that, its not illegal to download, but it is to use the information to access accounts which are not yours?

Am I right in saying that, its not illegal to download, but it is to use the information to access accounts which are not yours?

Yep

Cool, thanks lads. I just wanted to make sure.

I'm no lawyer but I think that that is a fair assessment. Stealing is stealing no matter who gave you the card and the PIN for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

HAHA, there's already tweets about Facebook profiles getting taken over after that release, fools using the same email and password. I've no sympathy :D

I'll leave this here
    https://lastpass.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I checked to see if my own info was on it. Wouldn't use it for anything malicious myself.

I also locked myself out of an email address I had since I was 9 about two years ago while drunk. Wanted to see if they had recovered the password for me.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    HAHA, there's already tweets about Facebook profiles getting taken over after that release, fools using the same email and password. I've no sympathy :D

I'll leave this here
    https://lastpass.com/
    Doesn't give them the right to do that regardless. This is disgusting behaviour from this group. I believe Anonymous are on their case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Doesn't give them the right to do that regardless. This is disgusting behaviour from this group. I believe Anonymous are on their case.

Yeah it seems 4chan arn't to happy with them. I presume calling them script kiddies is an insult. My knowledge of SQL injections is very slim and I doubt you'd just be able to download someone elses code to break into the CIA.

It wouldn't surprize me if it was only a couple (1,2,3,4) of skilled people. Maybe even ex-Anonymous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I can't find the link to the email addresses, but my messenger keeps telling me I've been logged in somewhere else.

Change your password ASAP!!

It wouldn't surprize me if it was only a couple (1,2,3,4) of skilled people. Maybe even ex-Anonymous.

I think they accept that already. According to a source they are ex-Anon who feel that Anon are not going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

most of the accounts are already locked out. Logged onto someones hotmail in Brazil. Seeing as I'm not the malicious type it's mostly boring.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    According to a source
    A source?

Joking :)

most of the accounts are already locked out. Logged onto someones hotmail in Brazil. Seeing as I'm not the malicious type it's mostly boring.

:P I did the same this morning to check if they weren't bluffing. Got onto an individuals hotmail account from Spain. Was all in Spanish so I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

• Advertisement

Seachmall wrote: »
    A source?

Joking :)

Hahah Google is a great partner when it comes to internet crime :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

LulzSec also hacked the NHS months ago and got Admin passwords. They didn't release those but instead contacted the NHS and gave them all the information they had, including the exploit they used.

They're not nice guys but they know just enough to realise that by doing the occasional act of 'good' they can keep a lot of people onside.

They hacked sonypictures competitions database, sony russia etc.

Thankfully I've been following their releases for a while now and not a single email address or password of mine has shown up.

I just love some of the passwords that people use though, it's great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Mr.S wrote: »
    PM me if you want me to check if your email is on the list.

Pm sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Guys, I'm not so sure if I should click on the link with the Lulzsec link with emails and passwords on them. I mean if some police service decide to contact on ISP and find out who viewed the webpage with the sensitive information on it you could get into trouble.

Also, I wouldn't trust the OP when he's asking for your email address. If he says they removed the email addresses, they how would he know if you were targeted?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

SO many people have passwords like 12345 and "Bigdick" or "bigtits", one guys password was "mommy", that's a bit messed up...

Anyway, I for one welcome these "hackers" and would like to hear more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Danbo! wrote: »
    Pm sent!

You just signed up for spam :D
    Mr.S is the official boards.ie spammer, didn't you know?

Guys, I'm not so sure if I should click on the link with the Lulzsec link with emails and passwords on them. I mean if some police service decide to contact on ISP and find out who viewed the webpage with the sensitive information on it you could get into trouble.

Also, I wouldn't trust the OP when he's asking for your email address. If he says they removed the email addresses, they how would he know if you were targeted?
    You obviously haven't read the entire thread. I already asked the question. Once in public domain anyone can look at it, but it is illegal to use the information contained on/in the site/file for accessing accounts which do not belong to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

Getting in trouble for viewing a text file? If that's the case then looking at this particular list is the least of our worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Someone said the addresses may be from the writerspace.com database, so if anyone here uses that then beware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

r3nu4l wrote: »

I just love some of the passwords that people use though, it's great :D

I shit you not I just saw on that txt file that someone used 123456 as a password :pac:

Advertisement