Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-07-2014, 10:55   #1456
mathesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary91 View Post
Hi,
Yes I was offered the job at the end of the face to face interview in March. Yes it has all been finalised. If there is anything I can help you with don't be afraid to ask
hey thank you so much. I sent you a p.m. How long days did it take to progress ?
Advertisement
14-07-2014, 18:57   #1457
St. Robbie

Send a message via MSN to St. Robbie Send a message via Skype™ to St. Robbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathesis View Post
Hello St. Robbie,
How was your interview ? Was it was over skype ?
I had an phone interview today and they said me that If they offer me a teaching offer I will inform in one week.
Was over Skype, went well. Got sent an application form now, in the process of filling it out. Applied for Vietnam/Spain and Portugal aswell. Middle East is my priority but seems hard to get a job there without any Post-CELTA experience. I have experience pre-CELTA and it seems easier (but less pay) to get a job in Europe
15-07-2014, 17:49   #1458
St. Robbie

Send a message via MSN to St. Robbie Send a message via Skype™ to St. Robbie
Right looks like I could be very well going to Al-Ain working in the Military High School. Not going to jump into a decision straight away as I've applied elsewhere.

Just a few questions? Are there many expats there? Would I be able to join a football (soccer) club. I know there's a GAA club but just wondering if there's soccer. What's the story with accommodation in Al Ain for expats. Will this usually be provided by the school and if so is it a compound or apartments?

Any other info that you wish you knew before you went and can share would be great.

Thanks,
Robbie
15-07-2014, 18:26   #1459
adlima

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashafierce View Post
Sorry stupid question but does sabis teaching allow you to teach in ireland eventually??
No, teaching with Sabis won't allow you teach in Ireland. You don't get any form of teaching qualification while you are with them. I taught with Sabis for four years. You must have a teaching diploma for Ireland.
19-07-2014, 20:09   #1460
lkelly1

Hi I registered a few months ago with Sabis and tygre they offered me an interview earlier in the month, due to work I couldn't fit the interview into the time frame. Is it too late to reply now? Also do they sort visas and accommodation? What kind of salary are you looking at outer month?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion