Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Missing inventions

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Cos there a bit *.*** :D

Na there actually crap, i used one in japan and it had 27 different buttons, like wtf who needs that?

the japanese, they love their buttons.
    And giant robots.

Ohh, how about a toilet that transforms into a giant robot, you can have a dump and rampage through downtown tokyo at the same time!
    I shall call him "Porcelain Prime"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

jester77 wrote: »
    Lord of the cards... one card that controls them all. I would call it the mastercard but the name is already gone.

I'm sick of having to carry multiple keys, cash & coins and all those cards. My wallet has numerous bank/credit cards, health insurance card, drivers license, movie rental card, train/bus card, etc. Why can't we just have 1 card that contains all this data, memory is not a problem these days and there are now even cards with numeric pads built into them for PINS. Just swipe the card to get into your apt, use the card to start your car, show the card at the doctors, use the card for paying everything, etc, less hassle, less chance of fraud!

All well and good until you lose the bloody card. The British government (and probably the EU) have talked about a smart id card for a while now, that would contain all your info like health records, criminal record, tax info etc. Wouldn't fancy it myself.

How about a microchip implanted in your brain, with all your favourite music on it? (and easy to add more anytime you want, with some sort of electronic interface) It would be thought activated. Listen to any music you want any time you want just by thought control.

Teleportation has already been demonstrated, but only for individual atoms. Teleporting whole objects is still a long way away, and may never be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Ohh, how about a toilet that transforms into a giant robot, you can have a dump and rampage through downtown tokyo at the same time!
    I shall call him "Porcelain Prime"

I would have called him Skids.

Cars that drive themselves, the type seen in A.I and I-Robot. It would surely clamp down on speeding, and amazing how its not out there yet. Wouldn't it just use GPS.

Also, a pill that stops addictions? Wouldn't they just get addicted to this pill then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Did you not see that Top Gear where the BMW was driving itself???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv6HSQ7YoE4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

jebuz wrote: »
    A wallet with a GPS chip in it, so you can track it down if you lose it, would have been useful last week

Yeh, but you probably wouldn't have got one if your wallet wasn't stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

so you want to have scrambled egg for breakfast but the thought of breaking all those eggs adding milk butter and pepper whisking it getting the mixture right always a pain in the ass for me .
    WHY can't you just buy this off the shelves like in a plastic bottle like milk ready to pour into the saucepan hell you could even fry it thats nice too .
    i know i would buy it .
    there are worse and weirder things on our shelves , hell i only saw candy floss in a plastic cup for sale the other day ,
    would save chefs an awful lot of hassle too

Advertisement