Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zenith Classic Rock on DAB

Options
  • 29-10-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Zenith sounding good on DAB in Dublin, in place of All 70s.

Can anyone here tell me if there is any live programming on Zenith or is it all automated/voicetracked?

Good to get a different slant on the Classic Rock theme.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Need Trick of the tail for this really, but they are on the machine except for their annual community licence period between Jan and end of March at the weekends as far as I know.

Zenith is excellent for its breadth of material though a bit too light too often for me, ROCKRADIO.COM is for people with wax in their ears ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Here I am to answer!

We like to think that the way we do it, it doesn't matter if it's live or voice-tracked. Sometimes when you listen there's a person there playing the music but not linking, other times you'll hear live links, other times it's VTd.

There is a live studio, but not all the time populated.

It's about the music! Quite eclectic I think, ranging from well-known classic rock to less-known album tracks, with the odd bit of whimsy thrown in for entertainment. But not meant to be full-on noisy rock.

Some have said that you need to listen to Zenith for a while to 'get it'!

I hope some here do!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

Thanks for the info Mike65 and Trick of the Tail.

I had heard of Zenith previously but this week is the first time I have actually heard them. Pat James was on the other night doing a show on prog rock bands, very enjoyable.

An excellent addition to the Dublin DAB output overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Thanks for listening! The excellent Pat is on every Sunday night at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dabfan

Zenith are now back on air in Dublin on the DB Digital Broadcast trial.

DF

• Advertisement
Advertisement