Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Forgive my ignorance, but can she not just go to the agency and ask her to contact them.

If she is not interested in contacting them then surely this is the end of the story, move on.

Looking back at my childhood I had older relatives who were interested in me and I had older relatives who weren't. I really don't think my life would have been any better if the relatives who werent interested were forced to spend time with me. If anything the reverse would be true.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

county wrote: »
    i take your point but why did she agree to meet in the first place.

Only she knows, but she obviously hid it from her family/support structure to attend alone.

She may have done it to help him, but couldn't give him what he needed. Its tragic all round, but she should not be judged, I'm sure she never stopped thinking of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

She's not being fair, saying it's all about the mother. Children who have been adopted, ALSO have the right to say they don't want contact with their birth mother. (I have a friend who doesn't want to meet her birth mother).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I can always hear a heavy drinker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The birth mother could potentially have much more to lose than the adoptee if their family found out, hence the relative weighting of the rights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

whos the daddy joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"And nobody knew about you..well SHE did"

Jeebus, Joe, of course she did, she gave birth to her!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Clare sounds very sensible and at peace with everything, it also sounds like her adoptive parents were very supportive and loved her very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Important subject adoption, glad liveline got round to discussing it at last, long overdue. :rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

What's a "Bert" mother Joe? :D

No point sticking up da altarboys' photo I suppose, given the.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

nosey guy wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzz

I think Clare is a good caller to liveline...unlike many other callers over the past few weeks she is sensible and most times if you are sensible you don`t last long on liveline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Your not tempted to ring her but your happy to go on whineline and cristicise her?

WTF.

I have a step brother and 2 step sisters I never met. I have stared at their names in the phonebook for ages but never called them.

While I am now talking about it on D'internet, the thought of telling Joe Duffy does not compute. Have they no friends to bitch about stuff to?

And if anyone can recognise a sympathetic tone, it's our Joe.

Man could give lessons in putting one on.

Well Dee how else did you want them to survive it, read some of the threads on boards from women who were forced into the care of nuns to give birth and hand their children over, its heart breaking stuff. If burying it and trying to block it is how they survive they are amazing for just getting through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

how can the birth mother divulge info on the father without possibly causing a lot of problems.
    he may not even know himself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Right.
    Radio off, thread on.
    Same as yesterday.

CPL 593H

signostic wrote: »
    I think Clare is a good caller to liveline...unlike many other callers over the past few weeks she is sensible and most times if you are sensible you don`t last long on liveline

Ok thats fine...but this subject has been discussed maybe 7 or 8 times since ive been listening..seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

2 ads before 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

It would be gas if Joe was doing the voice on the sliderobes ad:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Joe probably suspicious that his unruly brother was adopted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

What the hell is 'unique' about Sliderobes sliding doors?

Oh fupping jeebus, PSA wailing again.

furiousox wrote: »
    Right.
    Radio off, thread on.
    Same as yesterday.

well i hate to tell you,but you just missed joe cutting the cheese there live on air..priceless moment.

Anger management courses:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

Another thing that annoys me about LL. The way that whenever a public service organisation is mentioned he always say great staff, do a great job. When talking about the PSA lad who apparently knew nothing about alarms Joe said I'm sure he was a lovely man etc.

Then when talking about the Adoption Agency the caller said she was a nice woman and Joe goes yeah they all are - do a great job - and the caller then said well I only met one. Dead right.

Why does Joe go out of his way to praise public sector staff - remember how he praised Dublin binmen to the hilt and likes to go on about how great An Post, Dublin Bus staff are.

Apple Pie:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

cutting the cheese = farting, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Anger management courses:D

for listeners of liveline :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

RadioRetro wrote: »
    What the hell is 'unique' about Sliderobes sliding doors?

Oh fupping jeebus, PSA wailing again.

the price

• Advertisement

Criticising Fianna Fáil on the Laaaahvlahhn! :eek: :D

bad line or maybe he'll let him off until the next breakeen......in 12...11...10...9....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement