Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Reggie Wayne went in the first the year before too.

Yup, and Santana Moss too. They were just a factory of talent those few years. It was insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭nerd69

adrian522 wrote: »
    You only get 3 challenges anyway though(only 2 if one of the first 2 fails) so you can't challenge every play.

only if they fail though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Rule No.7 sounds ridiculous, you dont want to be watching PAT's for 5 minutes which is what will happen with that rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Seahawks owner lobbying that all plays from the 1 yard line must be run. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

apparently chuck "concrete charlie" bednarik is expected to pass away in the next day or two awesome player arguably the best eagle of all time and one of he biggest hitters in nfl history

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

nerd69 wrote: »
    apparently chuck "concrete charlie" bednarik is expected to pass away in the next day or two awesome player arguably the best eagle of all time and one of he biggest hitters in nfl history

Yeah he's passed away. Obv only really know much about him by word of mouth but a Birds legend.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Yeah he's passed away. Obv only really know much about him by word of mouth but a Birds legend.

i think were all in that boat to be fair but i know he was a tough tough dude heres one of the more famous hits in nfl history

he also felt very strongly that players should still play two ways (he was a very very good centre as well as a hall of fame linebacker)

heres a good vid for anyone that does not know who he is

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-countdowns/09000d5d81eee1c5/Top-100-Chuck-Bednarik

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No posts at all today about the Veteran Combine? I thought this would have generated some interest. :eek:

https://twitter.com/MarcSesslerNFL/status/579744185789460480

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/579730526640082944

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Paully D wrote: »
    No posts at all today about the Veteran Combine? I thought this would have generated some interest. :eek:
    Presume you're being sarcastic?

They're not with teams for a reason IMO. Might get one or two people back with teams, but can't see anyone getting excited about it.

I read Tim Ferriss book. Its pretty good, he talks about the combine and how most of the guys have special trainers that shed up to 300ths of a second off their 40 times with simple stuff. This might just be a case of the guys not having any training before hand and just winging it.
    40 time is a bunch of nonsense anyway if you ask me. It should be done in pads for a start....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

40 time is a bunch of nonsense anyway if you ask me. It should be done in pads for a start....

I agree, Combine speed is one thing, but real time game speed is another beast entirely.

i didn't realise mikel leshoure was still trying to make it i thought he had retired due to injuries

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Still going, i actually think hes a good back, always pegged him as a poor mans Blount, I;d like to see the Titans have a go with him given Greene is likely to pick up an injury or 2

Still going, i actually think hes a good back, always pegged him as a poor mans Blount, I;d like to see the Titans have a go with him given Greene is likely to pick up an injury or 2

i liked him to i just thought he was very injury prone and retired due to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You might be thinking of Jahvid Best. 1st round pick for the Lions and career was over within 3 years due to injuries. Well concussions to be exact

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You might be thinking of Jahvid Best. 1st round pick for the Lions and career was over within 3 years due to injuries. Well concussions to be exact

na was definitely mikel i was very high on him as a player i could be wrong about the injuries though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

nerd69 wrote: »
    i liked him to i just thought he was very injury prone and retired due to it

That was jahvid best also with the lions

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Well, Leshore did suffer an achilles tear before his rookie season which rules him out for that year, but apart from that I don't think he's been injured at all.

I actually think that injury may have ruined his career. When he became the full time starter during 2012, he didn't look anything like the player he was coming out college, which is a shame. Good getting TD's near the goal line, but apart from that he was just too slow & could'nt break tackles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yup, the guy is a genius and is working on his second masters degree

When he is done with football he can go work for NASA as a rocket scientist!

Until then he been suprisingly good :) A 5th rounder from Penn State and he did a fine job at guard to cover for injuries. Could be the Ravens long term center in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭FaulknersFav

Was just looking at the highlights of the veteran combine. the reaction from Michael Bush when told of his 40 time is brutal! Genuine despair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

With the NFL celebrating the 50th season they are adding gold everywhere:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/03/24/nfl-super-bowl-50-gold-logos/

Example of Logos;

NFL-Gold-50-5-590x442.png

This seasons Pro Bowl Jerseys

CAysN3JU0AArDau.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

JCTO wrote: »
    With the NFL celebrating the 50th season they are adding gold everywhere:

That's the NFL for you. Busy putting gold everywhere, yet they're too tight to put some extra cameras on the field during games. Fecking saps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

So here I am, watching WrestleMania, and look who shows up!

IXsZmqM.png

DeAndre Levy is a bit mad.

2 years ago he decided to spend his holiday out in the middle of the nowhere, deep in the rainforests of Brazil, by the shores of the amazon.

Last year he decided to slide down a volcano among other things & this year he went wingwalking!!
    His instragram page is rather fascinating.
    https://instagram.com/dre_levy/

Lionbacker wrote: »
    DeAndre Levy is a bit mad.
    this year he went wingwalking!!

It turns out there is a video of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

"If its even close to a melon, we'll Gronk it!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement