Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Text service being removed from Eircom Landlines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

faolteam wrote: »
    so what would be the best option now

They are all different and most situations will come down to cost and what the customer is looking for.
    Multi paths is the best option to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

is Multi paths

is Multi paths

GSM, Gprs, IP, Radio, digi/voice dialers, dual com. all devices that are used to monitor your alarm. If you use a combination of these its called multi paths.

which would be the cheapest ?

which would be the cheapest ?

After the initial outlay on buying the device, IP with an app once internet is available in a premises is the cheapest.
    Not the most secure with regards to using one path as could be off for a number of reasons.
    Some will choose GPRS where internet or a line is not available.
    Some will choose a GSM if they have no line either.
    Some will choose a voice dialer if they just have a phone line.
    Some will choose Radio where no line or internet is available also.
    Dual com can also be used which polls to the monitoring station.
    Its all about what suits a customer and budget.
    Do they want to self monitor the system, do they want it monitored by a monitoring station.
    To be honest every device used to monitor your alarm has flaws, that's why multi paths where available are used to back each other up.
    I am not saying every system out there has this but with this becoming cheaper to do then its becoming more popular.

• Advertisement

i have internet but if i get rid of eircom i will have no line my alarm is a HKC Quantum 70

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

I got a letter from Eircom today announcing increases in every part of my contract plan, plus termination of the SMS service as of June 30th 2015.

It'll be 'bye bye Eircom'.

i have internet but if i get rid of eircom i will have no line my alarm is a HKC Quantum 70

If you get rid of your Eircom line are you planing to get another service provider?

deandean wrote: »
    I got a letter from Eircom today announcing increases in every part of my contract plan, plus termination of the SMS service as of June 30th 2015.

It'll be 'bye bye Eircom'.

A lot of people doing the same.
    Just dont like the UPC straight down the front of the house.

altor wrote: »
    If you get rid of your Eircom line are you planing to get another service provider?

just have none

• Advertisement

just have none

A GSM would be the cheapest solution.
    You can use a ready to go sim with the GSM.

Altor ill be in touch maybe you could pm me how much it would cost thanks

Altor ill be in touch maybe you could pm me how much it would cost thanks

Thats no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Hi,

Can someone give me the cost of installing a Siemans panel and dialler that would use LAN and a link to what it looks like and to confirn cost of the panel and dialler?

Thanks

Hi,

Can someone give me the cost of installing a Siemans panel and dialler that would use LAN and a link to what it looks like and to confirn cost of the panel and dialler?

Thanks

Here is a link to the App.
    For pricing an install you would need to contact local installers.
    Here is a link to the PSA website of installers.

Here is a link to the App.
    For pricing an install you would need to contact local installers.
    Here is a link to the PSA website of installers.

Thanks, is there a link to the appropriate Siemans panels and LAN dialler you can give me too?

Thanks, is there a link to the appropriate Siemans panels and LAN dialler you can give me too?

Here you go.

Here you go.

Thanks again. Generally how much would it be for a panel and LAN dialler to replace a HKC panel and dialler including installation or how much just for those items?

Thanks again. Generally how much would it be for a panel and LAN dialler to replace a HKC panel and dialler including installation or how much just for those items?

Prices can vary, you would need to contact local installers to compare prices for an installation.

Prices can vary, you would need to contact local installers to compare prices for an installation.

Grand. But the equipment itself would be around how much for the above panel and LAN card? I couldn't see any prices on the website provided?

• Advertisement

Grand. But the equipment itself would be around how much for the above panel and LAN card? I couldn't see any prices on the website provided?

Here is a link to the suppliers list if you want to ring for pricing.

Here is a link to the suppliers list if you want to ring for pricing.

I did get a quote for a Siemans panel and LAN dialler of €450 including installation during the week. Seemed steep. I'm wondering is it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For Siemens IP panel with keypad battery and installation? That's not bad.

I did get a quote for a Siemans panel and LAN dialler of €450 including installation during the week. Seemed steep. I'm wondering is it?

Great price, I would go for it if that's what you want installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

When does this service actually get withdrawn?

SpaceTime wrote: »
    When does this service actually get withdrawn?

End of June.

Great price, I would go for it if that's what you want installed.

Based on the following price list it is dear no as I would only need the SPC4000 which is €218?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/644434/270639.jpg

Based on the following price list it is dear no as I would only need the SPC4000 which is €218?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/644434/270639.jpg

If you add installation, vat plus other costs the first price you received was great value.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not to mention insurance, diesel road tax just for starters.

• Advertisement

If you add installation, vat plus other costs the first price you received was great value.

That price includes VAT.

So, are you telling me I'm being charged €232 to have it installed?

Insurance, road tax etc business expenses surley tax deductable?!

Advertisement