Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

I'd like to give this a go, add me to the whitelist please: bitlad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Thats a good point , but where going to have a segregated community anyway, the only time we'll see other people is when we're trying to kill them

Well that's obvious but I don't want it to be the case that "faction chat" is used for normal chat. Like it is at the moment, the chat is there for everyone to see and it promotes discussion amongst the whole server population... be it about a new movie / game / update, whatever. Even if the chat wasn't involving you, you are free to jump in and give your two cents whenever.
    Kenno90 wrote: »
    Will we have private Chests/Doors?

I don't know if it is possible but I would push for only allowing private signs on the "noob" island, so to speak. :D Everywhere else is fair game.

I'd like to give this a go, add me to the whitelist please: bitlad

Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I wouldn't mind if we don't have chests , we can get creative hiding them, but i do not like the fact someone with an xray texture pack can see through everything and find an unprotected chest :mad:

Suppose your right about the chat, maybe use /whisper <clan name> ??

A good set of rules need to be drawn up for all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Could I be whitelisted please? Username is cinverd
    As thanks, I can mine you all the blocks of dirt you'd like. Once I get in, I'll just leave 'em stacked outside your house, cool? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

delta36 wrote: »
    Could I be whitelisted please? Username is cinverd
    As thanks, I can mine you all the blocks of dirt you'd like. Once I get in, I'll just leave 'em stacked outside your house, cool? :D
    Added.

Added.

Thank you!

Edit: That magic pin protected cake house is incredible! Who did the plans for the door system?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

delta36 wrote: »
    Thank you!

Edit: That magic pin protected cake house is incredible! Who did the plans for the door system?

That was elect, he's out resident redstone expert, he'll do you up some doors, hidden passage ways, but he's expensive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

LOL im very expensive :) that was also my own design its not hard to make , also only 2 rooms left in cake house !! deadmau just moved in .

also i may have found blandkitten in real life !

http://i.imgur.com/4PY3y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

I can see players through walls and other objects by their name badge above their heads. Will this be disabled? Seems like the element of surprise will take a hit if not.

Also, I have to ask, do these PVP servers work and who do they work for? I mean, lets face it, some people have the time to spend all day on it so what if someone gets home from work, logs in, gets a bit of iron for his/her first sword, then BAM....someone who's had the privelage of mining minerals throughout the night, kills them with a diamond sword enchanted to the nines sporting a rather fancy diamond armour ensemble? Seems like realistically it'd all be a bit unfair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I can see players through walls and other objects by their name badge above their heads. Will this be disabled? Seems like the element of surprise will take a hit if not.

Also, I have to ask, do these PVP servers work and who do they work for? I mean, lets face it, some people have the time to spend all day on it so what if someone gets home from work, logs in, gets a bit of iron for his/her first sword, then BAM....someone who's had the privelage of mining minerals throughout the night, kills them with a diamond sword enchanted to the nines sporting a rather fancy diamond armour ensemble? Seems like realistically it'd all be a bit unfair?
    ..I never even thought of this!
    Let the looting begin.... :D:D:D:D:D

We need to organize insiders, report to me whom is mining, and ambush! Easy loot.

also i may have found blandkitten in real life !

http://i.imgur.com/4PY3y.jpg
    Oh please, I'm far more bland than that.

For those who are new to the server, if a door is marked with a [private] sign then that means whatever is behind that door is exactly that, private.
    Do not knock out blocks to the side of the door to gain entry. 1-3 day bans will now be handed out for those of you who continue to break and enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    For those who are new to the server, if a door is marked with a [private] sign then that means whatever is behind that door is exactly that, private.
    Do not knock out blocks to the side of the door to gain entry. 1-3 day bans will now be handed out for those of you who continue to break and enter.

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Farcheal wrote: »
    What happened?

just a shot in the dark here , but i reckon somebody broke a wall beside a private door, like i said , just a guess :rolleyes:

Farcheal wrote: »
    What happened?

Lots of minor break ins across the server from new users. Nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KristenJh

I might join this server sometime soon and check it out!

Scody94 wrote: »
    just a shot in the dark here , but i reckon somebody broke a wall beside a private door, like i said , just a guess :rolleyes:

Cuz he's a child.......

Edit:

And above is that a whitelist request? If so you need to post your ign.

EDIT

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Server is down I think, can't reach server, anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 aodhoneachtain

It's down for me as well.

Same! Not working for me.

Phew, Assumed it was my bad internet, but yea, not working

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Down here also. I cried.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Whenever I want to play a bit of MC the arsing server is down :o

Never fear though, as a random kitten has been informed of our plight! ;)

Okay we're back up.

I was wondering why it was acting weird earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Can I get access please? Username : MrData
    Only played single player in Minecraft. Besides the rules in the first post are there certain areas where cannot build or anything like that?

Mrdata. wrote: »
    Can I get access please? Username : MrData
    Only played single player in Minecraft. Besides the rules in the first post are there certain areas where cannot build or anything like that?
    Added.
    So long as you don't build on someone's land you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

davidtehirish white listed please? Need a new server! :D

• Advertisement

0000879k wrote: »
    davidtehirish white listed please? Need a new server! :D
    Done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement