Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

J1 Visa Own Application 2011

• 17-11-2010 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi, I was just wondering if its possible to apply for your own J1 Visa? Rather than applying through USIT or SayIt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

No its not. To apply for the J-1 visa, you must present the DS-2019, an official letter issued by the US Dept of State. The only way to get this letter is by going through a 'Program Sponsor', i.e. USIT, SAYIT, Go4Less etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

The official list of sponsors can be found on the US government website for travel here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

This is exactly what I'm trying to do OP. I can do everything on my own except for that damn DS-2019 form which needs to be filled by a sponsor. The sponsorship companies have partnerships with Irish companies that charge an arm and a leg. I've been trying to find a sponsor that will do it directly but so far no luck. Let me know how you get on! I'd love to be able to do this on my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LimkUL

I found no luck in sorting it myself, thinking of just goin the USIT route...prob be easiest in the long run!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Amaroo

I am currently applying for my J1 to Canada and I was wondering if ye managed to do it on your own or if you had to use USIT etc? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement