Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCAA 2015 Season Discussion

• 08-05-2015 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭

With spring ball wrapped up its probably time to start a new thread for next season.

As the opening story Everett Golson has told ND that he intends to transfer away for his final season. As he is set to graduate he will be eligible to play right away.

Where will he end up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Too early for a 2016 draft thread so I thought I'd post it here. I see the "way-too-early" 2016 mocks such as Todd McShay's have Hackenberg listed as the #1 pick or if not #1 quite close.

I know he wasn't really helped last season (coaching changes, an almost completely new O-line) but he's going to need to have a dramatic improvement this year to justify being drafted that early IMO. Great size, but you need more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

HigginsJ wrote: »
    With spring ball wrapped up its probably time to start a new thread for next season.

As the opening story Everett Golson has told ND that he intends to transfer away for his final season. As he is set to graduate he will be eligible to play right away.

Where will he end up?

His submitted a list to Notre Dame (apparently they can veto some teams). The list includes Florida State, Alabama, South Carolina and at least one Pac-12 school.

He has visited florida State.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/05/11/everett-golson-transfer-florida-state-alabama-leaves-notre-dame-quaterback

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭nerd69

Paully D wrote: »
    Too early for a 2016 draft thread so I thought I'd post it here. I see the "way-too-early" 2016 mocks such as Todd McShay's have Hackenberg listed as the #1 pick or if not #1 quite close.

I know he wasn't really helped last season (coaching changes, an almost completely new O-line) but he's going to need to have a dramatic improvement this year to justify being drafted that early IMO. Great size, but you need more than that.

he has the measurable and things that teams like. blake bortles went high because of that. i guess a lot depends on how this season goes for him.
    His submitted a list to Notre Dame (apparently they can veto some teams). The list includes Florida State, Alabama, South Carolina and at least one Pac-12 school.

He has visited florida State.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/05/11/everett-golson-transfer-florida-state-alabama-leaves-notre-dame-quaterback

apparently they are vetoing any team on there schedule and are ok with anyone else. i would have thought they mite veto alabama but does not look like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

If they end up meeting Alabama, it probably means that their season has gone really well.
    I wonder how much the OC has held back from Golson in terms of playbook.

If they end up meeting Alabama, it probably means that their season has gone really well.
    I wonder how much the OC has held back from Golson in terms of playbook.

they have to have playoff aspirations this year they're returning most of there team and there notre dame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »

wow shocked the irish let him go to a team on there schedule

edit: sorry they play different acc teams this year fsu are not there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Well he already has one win for Florida State under his belt. Guess he wanted to build on that.

Well he already has one win for Florida State under his belt. Guess he wanted to build on that.

:D nicely done. I'm supprised he didn't go to alabama if that was an option

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Harsh, I thought Golson outplayed Winson that day and they should have got the result.

• Advertisement

I'm craving the late,dark Saturday night of winter. Watching College football and the constant rollercoaster it is.

Last season was fantastic - that period where the Mississipi schools were flying and Auburn buzzing was immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

If anyone is interested in joining a really, really good College Fantasy Football league, please let me know.

There are 2 leagues - the main league that contains 3 conferences of 14 teams each, and the secondary league that contains 2 conferences with 7 teams in each. So 56 owners altogether who are all very active and very dedicated.

Main league entry is $100 (no spaces available) and secondary league entry is $50 (2 spots free which is where you'd go).

Main league prize is $1,500, secondary league prize is $500. There are also runner up prizes.

Not my league, I'm just one of the owners. Send me a PM if interested and I'll put you in touch with the GM. Thanks.

Anyone know when College Football Live kicks off??

College Football playoffs are slated for New Years eve... Not great... Much preffered NYD last season

Advertisement