Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How College Football Works?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Don't take my word about CF popularity in the south as gospel though. It's just my opinion and could be way off the mark.

The reasons for it's popularity are historical though. College football has much more tradition and has been going for much longer. The Dolphins, Saints and Falcons are only around since the mid 60s so before that all they had in those areas were college teams.

Ye I see what you're saying, I just find their system quite interesting because it's different quite different to how the Gaa operates and it's also quite different to football and rugby etc.

Essentially it's all through education, apparently even high school football can attract crowds of several thousands and College football is huge. Just had a look at a list of stadiums in America by capacity, 14 of the top 16 are College football home grounds with 1 being used for college football (but no home team) and the other being AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys), that's pretty remarkable stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

It's very exciting, there's loss more crazy stuff in a game than in nfl, for various reasons. The crowds at the games are mad too, lots of colleges have crazy traditions and things, it's bananas. The "feel" if watching a college game is totally different. Hard to explain why.

Good stuff, nice to see passionate crowds, might watch a few games when the season starts, I do enjoy my sport so there's no reason not to give CF a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭OldRio

The college games are on ESPN and BT which are NOT part of the Sky Sports package. They are part of the Setanta Sports package.
    Setanta can be had for 9.99 euro a month. You have to keep checking when the deals are on. Otherwise its about 25 euro a month.

Last December they had an offer of 1 euro for the month.

Check YouTube, plenty of last years games are to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

If you are going to watch Alabama v Auburn, watch this first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je6nWHtpa50

This is a very good documentary. I recommend it to anyone else.

Advertisement