Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Had a strange StreetPass experience at the weekend. I was at the local GAA pitch watching my brother's match. Pretty small affair, fewer than fifty people in attendance.

To my pleasant surprise, I had a hit. I figured some kid down there must have brought his down. Instead, a person from Oita, Japan! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Street passed a guy called Raythian who I suspect has something to do with the Leinster rugby squad. They get lunch 10 meters from outside my office window after training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

A new streetpass puzzle is available, for Fire Emblem: Awakening. :)

Got 8 streetpass hits this afternoon - amazing! :) Met someone from western Pomerania in Poland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Nintendo 3DS Direct is coming soon! Make sure you tune in for this presentation for the latest on Nintendo 3DS! Check back here on today at 3 p.m. (UK time) to watch the broadcast live!

from http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

or from your 3ds or 3ds xl eshop

or from wii u eshop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I got a Streetpass Hit taking my grand total up to... 3. I'm still trying to complete the first Metroid puzzle from launch. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ireland is crap for streetpass! I get very few hits but never any pieces! Makes me angry. I need all the special pieces for the 2 new puzzles :(

I blame the Irish government.

Ireland is crap for streetpass! I get very few hits but never any pieces! Makes me angry. I need all the special pieces for the 2 new puzzles :(

I blame the Irish government.

I was in Gamestop the other day and I saw someone pick up a 3DS game. Thought it might have been weird if I went right up behind them. I'm sure I'd have gotten an actual hit instead of a Streetpass hit.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I was in Gamestop the other day and I saw someone pick up a 3DS game. Thought it might have been weird if I went right up behind them. I'm sure I'd have gotten an actual hit instead of a Streetpass hit.

If I saw someone with a 3ds I'd probably follow them.

I like to walk in and out of gamestops with hope.

If I saw someone with a 3ds I'd probably follow them.

I like to walk in and out of gamestops with hope.

I thought I was the only one.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm also a shop lurker, with dreams of streetpass hits!

Sadly, dreams are all they ever are :(

That_Guy wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one.... :pac:

I do that too; I'll hover around the main desk for a while in hope they have one out the back turned on and getting hits.

I also stalk punters in and out of those stores...glad to know I'm not that weird after all :D

smokingman wrote: »
    I do that too; I'll hover around the main desk for a while in hope they have one out the back turned on and getting hits.

I also stalk punters in and out of those stores...glad to know I'm not that weird after all :D

Nobody said it's not weird. Just not that uncommon.

Nobody said it's not weird. Just not that uncommon.

You calling me weird ya mad Luigi freak? :D

(Love that letterbox pic of Luigi you sent on! Glad to put an actual face to the Mii after all this time. We should all send a pic of each other with the letterbox update seeing as we've all been connected for so long).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The best places I've found for getting hits were Blanchardstown shopping center and walking between the Cinema on Parnell street and the Liffey, via either Millenium Way or the one with the place that does Games Workshop miniatures. Always get 2 or 3.

But it's not Ireland, it's Dublin - if you look back over the thread, Limerick or Galway or some other mecca of the Wesht be trippin' streetpasses. Dog.

Haven't seen a single pink piece on the last 2 puzzles, but I've had maybe 4 hits in the last 3 weeks somewhere near my house, all people who's last game was MiiPlaza and who had very few puzzle pieces - maybe they just bought 3DSes and I can look forward to some more hits?

Cineworld on Parnell st is fairly decent too. But still nobody has the pieces for me!

ireland isnt crap for streetpass its depends where you go in ireland the big ones i would be dublin city centre, especially this Friday 26th of April going pokemon hunting event at stephen's green park, going gamers, children, people from japan are from around world at this event, reason i said japan because its dit japan animation society and Pokemon society are supporting it this pokemon hunting, very good chance to pickup very good 3ds miis, and the event starts at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I miss HMV in Henry Street, every time I went in I got two hits, one from the store display 3DS and one from the staff demo 3DS XL, came in handy on street pass quest to have some level 6 characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I've actually got a few hits locally recently, usually during my lunch break. Never any pieces though. The lack of hits sucks and StreetPass meetup version 2.0 is (potentially) in the pipeline at the moment! Express your interest here folks if you'd be interested in doing this! :pac:
    I managed to finish the secret quest for a 10th time this evening too, still three hats to get though!
    Banjo wrote: »
    Haven't seen a single pink piece on the last 2 puzzles, but I've had maybe 4 hits in the last 3 weeks somewhere near my house, all people who's last game was MiiPlaza and who had very few puzzle pieces - maybe they just bought 3DSes and I can look forward to some more hits?
    Same with me. Receiving a pink piece through Spotpass seems to be far rarer than the 1/5 you'd expect. Mii plaza doesn't appear as the most recent software as far as I know; I don't know why though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ireland isnt crap for streetpass its depends where you go in ireland the big ones i would be dublin city centre, especially this Friday 26th of April going pokemon hunting event at stephen's green park, going gamers, children, people from japan are from around world at tuhis event, reason i said japan because its dit japan animation society and Pokemon society are supporting it this pokemon hunting, very good chance to pickup very good 3ds miis, and the event starts at 2pm

Wampy, is there any chance you could translate that into English? Sounds like there's some sort of international Pokémon event on in town on Friday. Is there a website where one might learn more? Also, I didn't hear a mention of it over in the pokémon forum - I'm sure they would be interested though if you want to mention it there...

Streetpassed someone from Vienna the other day, they had nearly every single puzzle piece. It was a hard choice, but I picked a pink fire emblem square in the end.

Wampy, is there any chance you could translate that into English? Sounds like there's some sort of international Pokémon event on in town on Friday. Is there a website where one might learn more? Also, I didn't hear a mention of it over in the pokémon forum - I'm sure they would be interested though if you want to mention it there...

since going gamers and kids from around the world entering this event could be good chance to get mii on your 3ds streetpass and good puzzles pieces on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm also a shop lurker, with dreams of streetpass hits!

I've been tempted to put up threads saying "heading to Dublin next week, where will ye be at x pm so that I can get some street passes"

But that's verging on having a problem!

h6818924D

But it's not Ireland, it's Dublin - if you look back over the thread, Limerick or Galway or some other mecca of the Wesht be trippin' streetpasses. Dog.

Ya ya cos they're swimming in them down in Tralee... When I worked in Dublin I got about one a day. In the past 4 months I've gotten 5 hits while in cork. Only one had a new piece for me (I only have about 400/550 pieces). The majority of hits I've gotten we're either from Dublin or England (I got 5 yesterday in stanstead!)

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    since going gamers and kids from around the world entering this event could be good chance to get mii on your 3ds streetpass and good puzzles pieces on friday

Where's it on? Is there any web links??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Stephens Green according to Wampy, but I've not seen or heard anything further about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Worst case scenario Wampy has indirectly organised a board 3ds meet up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No, DIT Anime society organized it. I'm sure there'll be plenty of 3DS' hovering around.

Advertisement