Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Virtual Memory'

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I reckon you need a good old spring clean. Get CCleaner and run the "cleaner". After that you may want to run the "issues" option to clear your registry. The odds are that there is a great deal of crap still on your computer, e.g. old programme installers, file duplicates or files that remain after deletion of another programme etc.

I'd bet that there is something malicious on you computer.

Personally I don't think having to go into college to download the latest virus database is the most practical solution. AV programmes like Avast, AVG 7.5 or http://www.free-av.com/ are fantastic and free. Added to this you will need to run Spyware programmes like Defender (someone provided a link), Spybot AVG Anti-Spyware (see the AVG 7.5 link) and Adaware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭H3LLg0d

Right click My Computer

Click properties

Advanced tab

Under Performance, click settings

Advanced tab

Under Virutal memory, click change

Click C: in the list

Check Custom size, and set both initial and maximum to 1024

You should notice a slight performance inprovement as well as never having a "low virtual memory" warning ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

To see what processes are using Virtual Memory, open Task Manager, choose Processes tab. The go to the View menu and choose Select Columns. In the list choose Virtual Memory, then Ok.

This will list the amount of VM used by each process which will help you figure out what program/service is chewing up your VM.

Advertisement