Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phonewatch configure?

• 26-10-2014 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a Phonewatch system, with a Simon control pad.

The renewal is up now, and I'm tempted not to renew, but configure the system to contact my own mobile phone instead. Can anybody tell me how I could do this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To do this you will need the engineer code. I will send you a PM re this.

Drop the external lid and then enter engineer code.
    Delete the option 04 done
    Delete the option 05 done
    Delete the option 06 done
    Now add option 43 and enter the phone number you wish the alarm to ring for you done.
    now add option 44 10 done.
    and add option 17 20 done.

Note:
    With option 17 some of the panels need to see 3 digits. If so enter as below

Add option 17 020, done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Thanks KoolKid, I'll try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

animaal wrote: »
    Hi, I have a Phonewatch system, with a Simon control pad.

The renewal is up now, and I'm tempted not to renew, but configure the system to contact my own mobile phone instead. Can anybody tell me how I could do this?

Thanks.

Also be aware that you need to contact your insurance company if you finish with the monitoring. This could invalidate a claim if your claiming to have the system monitored by a monitoring station in the event of a break in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pwifi

Hi I have same eircom phonewatch system installed in 2006, it has not been monitored for about 2 years, had a break in recently and would like to use alarm to contact mobile phone directly, all I have is my own access code, thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it the Simon panel you have?
    If so look up 3 posts.:)

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid thanks for reply it's a Simon Panel version 3, only have my access code,
    Don't have engineer code

I found letter from phonewatch regarding monitoring renewal account no on letter is 78369/FB7309 tried first 5 numbers for engineer code but no luck

pwifi wrote: »
    I found letter from phonewatch regarding monitoring renewal account no on letter is 78369/FB7309 tried first 5 numbers for engineer code but no luck

Sent you a P.M re the code.

Thanks a million Altor for all your help sorted now,

pwifi wrote: »
    Thanks a million Altor for all your help sorted now,

Glad I could help. Any other problems let us know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 .dibbs.

Hello,
    I have a Simon XT PW alarm and I want to configure it to call my own phone. Could someone tell me how to get the master code?
    Thanks
    Dave

I sent you a PM re the code & I also sent you the manual.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 .dibbs.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I sent you a PM re the code & I also sent you the manual.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks KoolKid. I got the code and the manual is great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 trupix

Hi i have a Phonewatch Simon XT and have recently canceled my monitoring service. Since cancelling I the system beeps constantly and shows that the "GSM NET not registered" on the display status.

I don't have the engineer code and have tried to reset the system by unplugging the battery and power and holding the four main buttons when powering on, but that only resets the time and date.

Can any one send me the engineer code details please?

Thanks in advance

I sent you a PM re that. Hope it helps.

trupix wrote: »
    Thanks
    Altor sorted me

Any other problems let us know :)

Thanks Altor, do you know if I can use a 3g sim or do I have to try and get a 2g sim to replace the non working Phonewatch one?

Thanks Altor, do you know if I can use a 3g sim or do I have to try and get a 2g sim to replace the non working Phonewatch one?

I would use 02, vodafone or meteor.
    Alarms and the three network dont seem to work together.

Text with 3 is an issue. I believe that will all sort out once the network merges are complete.

Text with 3 is an issue. I believe that will all sort out once the network merges are complete.

I would not be too confident since three bought 02.

• Advertisement

I am sure they have done their research. I can't see them rendering a large number of former O2 sims useless and hand business to Vodafone etc.

I am sure they have done their research. I can't see them rendering a large number of former O2 sims useless and hand business to Vodafone etc.

Only time will tell.

Hey guys, have now installed a new sim card [meteor] and the initial problem is fixed thanks, how do I now set it up to text me when there is a problem or alarm and how do I set it up to remotely arm are disarm from my phone?

Hey guys, have now installed a new sim card [meteor] and the initial problem is fixed thanks, how do I now set it up to text me when there is a problem or alarm and how do I set it up to remotely arm are disarm from my phone?

The system will ring your phone and give you the name of the zone activation.
    You need to go into communications and set up the protocal for voice for any phone you want to ring you. AFAIK you can only control the system with a line line.

Advertisement