Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

Paully D wrote: »
    99 days until the Super Bowl :eek:
    Ahh paully don't be wishing the season over already it's a long boring offseason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Vontaze Burfict has been having a quietly decent season for himself

Huge fan of Burfict and delighted the kid has bounced back from the draft etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Filing this under weird, possibly wacky, definitely not awesome

Steelers wearing their 1934 throwbacks this Sunday

25_LFW_Steelers_Instory.jpg

They deserve to lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What goes on at the bottom of those piles when players are trying to get possession from a fumble etc? Is it just a case of doing whatever it takes to get the ball until the referee pulls everyone off of the pile?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Best way to find out would be to go to a game, run onto the pitch just as the ball is snapped on a running play and head to where the most bodies are.....otherwise you can just imagine it's anything goes until the refs get some order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Hey folks, been offline for couple of weeks. I've relocated to Calgary!

Getting to see plenty more NFL and have started watching the CFL invariably, go Stamps! Missing loads Premier League as a result. Great to actaully watch football at a decent time, though in MDT you still go back a further hour for Packers or E.T games.

Loving the unpredictablity of the NFL this year. Although I did say that Panthers would struggle I'm genuinly surprised at competitiveness of the league this year. Sorry Browns fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Spike the Mic @1:10

This is Gronk's world, we're just living in it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

CHRIS-JOHNSON-FLOWCHART-WM.png

Profootballmock quality as usual

Trade deadline pushed to Thursday 4pm because of the hurricane. Anyone expecting any trades of note?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Paully D wrote: »
    Trade deadline pushed to Thursday 4pm because of the hurricane. Anyone expecting any trades of note?

Tebow to Jags. I'm calling it. Ryan is an idiot who doesn't deserve a winner on his team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

davyjose wrote: »
    Tebow to Jags. I'm calling it. Ryan is an idiot who doesn't deserve a winner on his team.

Can't see it. They will ride Gabbert to the end of the season. I fear Tebow will not get a chance to be a starting QB again (barring injury)

Could a RB needy team make a play for DeAngelo Williams. Clearly not needed with Stewart being the number 1 guy there. Williams has a big contract which i'm sure the Panther could do with getting off the books. Maybe Arizona as a possible trade partner.

davyjose wrote: »

Robert Raiola, CPA ‏@SportsTaxMan
    #NFL So far in 12 #Tebow has played in 54 offensive snaps(10% of #Jets total)Jets have pd him $1,695,529(sal+bon)=$31,399 per offensive play

Boris Johnson and the Jags cheerleaders :pac:

A6UGm0YCEAA4LqU.jpg

Carl Nicks gone for the season. What a loss that is for the Buccs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens LT Bryant McKinnie in yet more trouble according to NBC Miami

Can the Ravens please cut this fat mess?

The debts of $375,000 were racked up when he was with the Vikings
    Ravens offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie is being sued by the owner of several Miami strip clubs for racking up bills at the establishments and failing to pay them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/30/bryant-mckinnie-sued-for-375000-in-strip-club-bills/

I didn't know these clubs gave credit!

This one gets filed under wacky

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ravens LT Bryant McKinnie in yet more trouble according to NBC Miami

Can the Ravens please cut this fat mess?

The debts of $375,000 were racked up when he was with the Vikings

I didn't know these clubs gave credit!

This one gets filed under wacky

Normally those kind of places don't sue but good luck getting money out of McKinnie any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

MetLife stadium in Sunday. Still stuck here. I only wore the hat because I was cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

^^^

You must not be a Jets fan, never seen someone so unimpressed to be at a game before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

BizzyC wrote: »
    ^^^

You must not be a Jets fan, never seen someone so unimpressed to be at a game before!!

All jets fans who pay to see the jets play look like that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

MetLife stadium in Sunday. Still stuck here. I only wore the hat because I was cold.

nice! i'm heading over to a jets game in December, any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

BizzyC wrote: »
    ^^^

30-9 at home to a division rival. Would you be smiling?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I note the lack of proper fan attire in that photo, clearly a case of hiding your allegiances if you ask me. :D

I note the lack of proper fan attire in that photo, clearly a case of hiding your allegiances if you ask me. :D

I'm a Browns fan. Genuinely believe we will be better prepared for next season than the Jets. They were truly awful. Must be the most frustrating team in the NFL to support.

I got the same abuse from friends so I suited up in some cheap Reebok gear they were selling cheap.

nice! i'm heading over to a jets game in December, any recommendations?

$10 return bus from the port terminal bus station in times square was hassle free. If you are looking to drink, tailgate if you can. $9.75 for a beer in the stadium was horrific. The Jets mega store is horrendously overpriced. Pick up merchandise in a models if possible. There is a great one on 42nd street just of times square. Merchandise from every team in the NFL (bar the browns of course) at very reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

$10 return bus from the port terminal bus station in times square was hassle free. If you are looking to drink, tailgate if you can. $9.75 for a beer in the stadium was horrific. The Jets mega store is horrendously overpriced. Pick up merchandise in a models if possible. There is a great one on 42nd street just of times square. Merchandise from every team in the NFL (bar the browns of course) at very reasonable prices.

great stuff, appreciate it. think i may have to pick up one of those Rex tees!!

great stuff, appreciate it. think i may have to pick up one of those Rex tees!!

Haha, it was a whole $10. They were selling ask the Reebok **** at half price. The Nike gear was extortion. Hit jerseys is the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I'm a Browns fan. Genuinely believe we will be better prepared for next season than the Jets. They were truly awful. Must be the most frustrating team in the NFL to support.

I got the same abuse from friends so I suited up in some cheap Reebok gear they were selling cheap.

try following the cowboys, every year it looks more positive than the next

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

Trippie wrote: »

try following the cowboys, every year it looks more positive than the next
    Ehh eagles dude at least ye have yere siperbowls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

nerd69 wrote: »
    Ehh eagles dude at least ye have yere siperbowls

everyone knows the eagles are ****e though, cowboys tend to buy into the hype, like drafting claibourne to fix the secondary, dez to be the next superstar WR etc. they always remind me of liverpool, every year its going to be their season despite the fact they are average at best, put in redic performances to get you excited and then lose to the bucs etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement