Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

beamish off sales

Options
  • 03-11-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

Anyway i am a beamish drinker.

On friday was in a off licence in cork city centre and the 4 pack of guinnes at €7.50 was cheaper than the 4 pack of beamish €7.99.

I has always assumed that bemsih wa chepaer.

With christmas coming up is beamish only available in 4 and 8 packs? can you get a 24 can slab ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

kooga wrote: »
    Anyway i am a beamish drinker.

On friday was in a off licence in cork city centre and the 4 pack of guinnes at €7.50 was cheaper than the 4 pack of beamish €7.99.

I has always assumed that bemsih wa chepaer.

With christmas coming up is beamish only available in 4 and 8 packs? can you get a 24 can slab ?
    Beamish is cheaper than guiness in pubs I know that. I've never bought guiness from a off licence but would have assumed it would be dearer that beamish. I've only ever seen four packs never seen a slab of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

In Tesco it's typically €1.89 per can, though they often have an offer of four for €6.50. This was the case last week. Even at the full price of €1.89, individual cans of Beamish are cheaper than Guinness.

I have, in the past, also seen it in Lidl at €5 for four, which is great value altogether.

In the lead-up to Christmas, bank holidays and the like all the supermarkets push the 24-packs of macro beers to attract customers. Once you get into that territory Beamish is certainly no longer the cheaper option as it is never part of that range.

At Christmas Heineken usually bring beamish out in an 8pk. You can buy a slab but it will be a case of singles/4pk/8pk and priced accordingly. There's no discounted slabs like Guinness etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I have, in the past, also seen it in Lidl at €5 for four, which is great value altogether.

They do this quite regularly, or have done over the last couple of years. They're due a reduction on it again shortly so keep your eyes peeled and stock up!

I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

€6.50 for a 4 pack in Tesco douglas cork today.....................so sorted for the rugby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Patience.....
    It's like Trading Places.

Unless you needed it for the rugby in which case work away!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you check out bargain alerts you can see trends which happen with some products, the 3.80 was a pricing error.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?forum=346&subforums=1&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=beamish
    Booze deals [Megathread]
    lidl 4 cans of beamish for a €5
    5 months, 1 week in Bargain Alerts by kooga 482 Replies 72,220 Views 2 Thanks
    Supervalu Lucan 5 Beamish cans for €3.80
    4 Beamish for fiver this week in Lidl ..... might interest some
    6 months, 3 weeks in Bargain Alerts by RayCon 10 Replies 1,270 Views 4 Thanks
    Supervalu Lucan 5 Beamish cans for €3.80
    Was in the extremely brightly decorated new Supervalu (formerly Superquinn) in Lucan this afternoon. They have an offer of 5 cans of Beamish for €9 but whatever way they've put it onto their system it subtracts €1.30 from each of the 5 cans rather than just the once every 5. Was kinda surprised so
    6 months, 4 weeks in Bargain Alerts by nicelives 10 Replies 1,270 Views 1 Thank
    Christmas beers
    Beamish is 4 for a fiver in Lidl today in case anyone is looking for some. Usually 8 cans for 12.99 or 12
    10 months, 3 weeks in Bargain Alerts by Superfint 57 Replies 7,458 Views
    Freebie list
    On my way home from the City(cork), I was walking past the beamish factory, tent there and stuff going on. Talked to a security guard for a minute, he said you could sign up online for it, it was free, you get a tour of the place, 3 free pints, a free hotdog, and he said there was beer tasting
    1 year, 6 months in Bargain Alerts by Professional Griefer 2,403 Replies 623,283 Views 1 Thank
    €24 slabs of Bud, Carlsberg, Miller and Guinness in Dunnes
    +1, guinness is rare enough to see on offer, and far rarer to see at €24 than say heineken. Beamish was €6 for 6x500ml last saturday in lidl, it might come up again, it was one day only
    2 years in Bargain Alerts by rubadub 116 Replies 13,613 Views
    Lidl Offers.
    6 cans of Beamish for 8 Eur at the moment. Got 12 today, down to my last 7 i think:D
    2 years, 2 months in Bargain Alerts by JONJO THE MISER 42 Replies 11,917 Views 1 Thank

anyway was looking to stock up on stout for the c'mas

if you are a beamish or murphys drinker very hard to compete with the guinness offers and this prompted me to ring heinken ireland consumer hot line for some info.

Anyway beamish is available in single cans or a 4pkt the 8pkt has been dropped
    murphys single cans or a six pack
    V
    guinness single cans, 4 pkt, 8 pkt 12pkt and 24pkt.

Ok guinness is a national drink but surely heineken ireland for cork could give us packs with more than 6 cans...........

very hard to compete with a 24 slab of guinness for €28. murphys way overpriced with a 6pkt for €14.99 which incidently has this pack more expensive than buying indiviual cans of murphys for €2.37 each

Anyway the consumer hotline said they would pass on my comments. Thes prices were in tesco douglas yesterday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

murphys way overpriced with a 6pkt for €14.99 which incidently has this pack more expensive than buying indiviual cans of murphys for €2.37 each

Because of this there is no reason to buy cans of Murphy's ever.

Considering it is only a little bit more expensive than Beamish in Cork, I've never been able to understand the crazy prices in the supermarket.

Because of this there is no reason to buy cans of Murphy's ever.

Considering it is only a little bit more expensive than Beamish in Cork, I've never been able to understand the crazy prices in the supermarket.

i agree couldn't believe the price of the 6 pack. still nice though!

• Advertisement

i agree couldn't believe the price of the 6 pack. still nice though!

Tis true. I always have a couple of pints when in Cork.

it was mentioned in a previous post and seems to be consistent evey saturday in lidl 4 cans of beamish for €5

it was mentioned in a previous post and seems to be consistent evey saturday in lidl 4 cans of beamish for €5

I haven't seen it on offer in quite some time, even on a Saturday. Perhaps it changes, depending on the area.

I haven't seen it on offer in quite some time, even on a Saturday. Perhaps it changes, depending on the area.

last two saturdays in lidl togher cork it was on offer for €5. can't check this saturday as i'm off to the munster match in limerick.........:)

On offer in Tesco at the moment:

4 pack of beamish €6.50

6 pack of murphys €10.49 (save €4.50)

while i'm normally a beamish man i do like a can of murphys but it is rarely on offer.

anyway opened my second can of murphys and absolutely no head.........flat as a pancake. rang the consumer hotline and left a message!

Advertisement