Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Glitches

• 29-10-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

updated on Saturday, since then i cant connect anything to the phones portable hotspot, never any problem with this before
    The weather on the home screen wont update and the time is wrong on it.
    Txt messages are not sending, its as if they are frozen i cant resend or anything.

From what i can see all they did was add a thing or two to the notifications bar. Pretty pointless update really.

Anyone have any ideas on fixes or how i can revert it back to ICS and see if that fixes things?
    i can live with the other things but the hotspot not working is the main annoyance as i use this quite a lot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

mossy2390 wrote: »
    updated on Saturday, since then i cant connect anything to the phones portable hotspot, never any problem with this before
    Txt messages are not sending, its as if they are frozen i cant resend or anything.

From what i can see all they did was add a thing or two to the notifications bar. Pretty pointless update really.

Anyone have any ideas on fixes or how i can revert it back to ICS and see if that fixes things?
    i can live with the other things but the hotspot not working is the main annoyance as i use this quite a lot

Do a factory reset. Most of the changes are under the hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

will a factory reset delete all my apps and pictures and stuff or is there a way to back them up beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

With regards to the phones portable hotspot, check the settings. The last time I did an update with the galaxy nexus, the password was reset. Check the password to be sure you are entering the correct password.

thomasj wrote: »
    With regards to the phones portable hotspot, check the settings. The last time I did an update with the galaxy nexus, the password was reset. Check the password to be sure you are entering the correct password.

Yeah i checked that and even changed the password, however the laptop keeps saying it cannot connect to network, it didnt even prompt to enter the new password.

There seems the be relatively few settings you can change when it comes to the hotspot. I even added my laptops MAC address to it and still no change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

will a factory reset delete all my apps and pictures and stuff or is there a way to back them up beforehand?

It will remove all apps, you'll have to install them again as if you're starting from new. It won't delete images, it leaves the SD card intact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

also any help me my google now wont talk it will bring up results but wont talk and my volume is up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

steven087 wrote: »
    also any help me my google now wont talk it will bring up results but wont talk and my volume is up
    In Google now settings make sure voice is activated also make sure the language is English uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

(if its not a stupid question....) If my apps are backed up with kies is it as simple as restoring them after a factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I don't have an SD card and looks like I need to do a reset:mad:

I could do without the hassle. Will all my images be still there if I don't have them on an SD card.

I though updates were meant to be improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Knine wrote: »
    I don't have an SD card and looks like I need to do a reset:mad:

I could do without the hassle. Will all my images be still there if I don't have them on an SD card.

I though updates were meant to be improvements.

Updates will often have glitches and bugs, it happens on all platforms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Make sure your contacts are synched with your Google account, plug your phone in to a PC and backup all your photos/music/videos and if you like you can use an app such as MyBackup Pro to backup all your apps. I personally find after a factory reset I rarely install all the apps I had before and treat it as a spring cleaning exercise. After your backup you can factory reset your phone and restore all data without any worries.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Just updated my phone. Tried to use music hub and now I'm getting a message saying "currently not supported in your country" it was working a few days ago .. anyone had similar problem?

The factory reset seems to have fixed the problems but the WiFi hotspot is still happening, its not connecting to my laptop but is connecting to other laptops after a couple of minutes, i downloaded a hotspot app and thats saying 'WiFi mode has failed on your phone'

Dosent seem to be much more i can so.
    Any chance could someone try theres and see if it is a common problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The factory reset seems to have fixed the problems but the WiFi hotspot is still happening, its not connecting to my laptop but is connecting to other laptops after a couple of minutes, i downloaded a hotspot app and thats saying 'WiFi mode has failed on your phone'

Dosent seem to be much more i can so.
    Any chance could someone try theres and see if it is a common problem

Just checked it on mine and it's working fine.

Advertisement