Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galaxy S3 earphones / Nokia CK7w car kit

Options
  • 25-06-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

So far as a new user to droid from ios I am very disappointed with this phone. With the iPhone 4 I was able to make calls with screen locked using headphones by voice. Does the S3 support this as I cannot seem to get it to do anything with screen locked / unlocked.
    Second issue cannot use voice dialling through my car kit a Nokia ck 7w like issue one this was never a problem with the iPhone 4. Really starting to hate this phone.:mad: any help would be appreciated thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Why is the phone locked? My guess is or security reasons. If so then why would it allow someone to make a call without getting past the security check first. If you want direct calling from a headset or car kit then take off the security and it will work.

I have the 7W in my car and it works fine. If you press the middle button the phone asks what you want to do (call someone, play music, send a text etc). You can also answer/hangup the call using the centre button.
    Immelman wrote: »
    So far as a new user to droid from ios I am very disappointed with this phone. With the iPhone 4 I was able to make calls with screen locked using headphones by voice. Does the S3 support this as I cannot seem to get it to do anything with screen locked / unlocked.
    Second issue cannot use voice dialling through my car kit a Nokia ck 7w like issue one this was never a problem with the iPhone 4. Really starting to hate this phone.:mad: any help would be appreciated thks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Immelman

elderlemon wrote: »
    Why is the phone locked? My guess is or security reasons. If so then why would it allow someone to make a call without getting past the security check first. If you want direct calling from a headset or car kit then take off the security and it will work.

I have the 7W in my car and it works fine. If you press the middle button the phone asks what you want to do (call someone, play music, send a text etc). You can also answer/hangup the call using the centre button.

Thanks Elderlemon, but that is the problem I could make calls with the ip4 locked, at present every time while using S3 I have to take out of pocket and take it out of the sleeve and unlock, there has to be an easier way, likewise holding Nokia button down nothing happens is there an s voice setting I have not seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I have an app called Tasker. Use it to set the display timeout to 120 mins or something and the screen brightness to max when its connected to the car kit. That way you get into the car, unlock the phone and stick it in a holder and it will stay on (I have it plugged in too) while the car kit is connected. That way you can use the voice control, maps etc without ever having to unlock the phone again.

Turn off the car and the bt disconnects and tasker will restore the settings back the way they were.

Immelman wrote: »
    Thanks Elderlemon, but that is the problem I could make calls with the ip4 locked, at present every time while using S3 I have to take out of pocket and take it out of the sleeve and unlock, there has to be an easier way, likewise holding Nokia button down nothing happens is there an s voice setting I have not seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Immelman

Just to reinforce why S3 and S voice is such sh*t

Still no call functionality through the headphones with my S3 with lock screen closed. I have been searching like mad but this does not seem to be on the radar of S3 users, will there be update?. For me it is a major security issue as I want to make calls without having to take my phone out of my pocket, wish I had never moved from Ip4.

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2012/05/21/s-voice-needs-more-than-the-galaxy-s3-to-take-on-siri/

Advertisement