Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark circles

• 07-09-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

We all get dark circles from time to time and some of us get pronounced and long lasting bags and dark circles. some of the reasons are dehydration, booze, cigarettes, poor diet, too much or too little sleep, stress or allergies. personally i have had them for a while now and im trying to change my lifestyle to be healthier and lose the dark circles. i have been off the booze for a month, cut back to 3 or 4 cigarettes a day, drinking a few pints of water and eating less junk food. i dont know of any allergies and i have a poor enough idea of what a balanced diet really is apart from meat, potatoes and veg. i havent eaten fish in years and drink at least 3 litres of milk a day. i will be starting a regular gym workout in the next month. as regards the dark circles im looking for advice on foods to add or reduce from my diet and any tips so I dont look like i have put on war paint. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

keep up the healthy lifestyle. its all common sense. also you might wanna try clinique eye cream for men, it will tighten up the skin and reduce darkness. used it during my early metrosexual years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I have almost constant dark circles under my eyes, regardless off amount of sleep I'm getting and water consumption. I think it might be due to a gluten intolerance so I'm going to give that up for a while and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sirjoemorris

<MOD SNIP>

Comment removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I have almost constant dark circles under my eyes, regardless off amount of sleep I'm getting and water consumption. I think it might be due to a gluten intolerance so I'm going to give that up for a while and see what happens

My daughter has the wheat/gluten intolerence thing and its fairly hard to find a good supply of gluten free.

I live near Swords Co Dublin and the local discount supermarket JC's has a huge range of gluten free stuff pasta's muesli bars & baking products better than any health food shop I know.

The pasta's are corn and a bit dayglo

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I've had them since I was a kid. No idea how to lose 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

<mod snip>

I'd imagine that cream is not something you'd want to get in your eyes. It can be quite harmful to eyes as it is an irritant. Some of the companies that make the cream have actually issued warnings to that effect.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Advertisement