Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I need advice!!!!

• 22-05-2010 4:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Okay so im a 17 year old guy and ive always had really dark and bushy eyebrows. along with that i have a unibrow. ive been plucking it for a while now (i know that sounds gay but its better then doing nothing), but even the very next day ill have stubble growing in between my brows. it gets really anoying having to do this everyday and it still looks terrible. I realize there is the option of laser hair removal but is there any other advice you can give me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

you could use hair removal cream there, like veet

or you could get it waxed/wax it yourself

beauty salons wont bat an eyelid at a fella coming in for that, happens all teh time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

sam34 wrote: »
    or you could get it waxed/wax it yourself

beauty salons wont bat an eyelid at a fella coming in for that, happens all teh time

+1

you see it in an awful lot of brouchures, a full list of options 'for him'
    It's a fairly common thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I shave mine every second or third day, never really notice it then.

Dunno if it's a good or bad thing to be shaving, though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

baz2009 wrote: »
    I shave mine every second or third day, never really notice it then.

Dunno if it's a good or bad thing to be shaving, though..

Bad thing. Shaving leads to stubble and quick regrowth. I'd also not recommend veeting it either as that also leads to stubble (and I wouldn't put that crap within an mile of my eyes). I have a few hairs on the ol' unibrow and I just pluck 'em. Put a little savlon on first so it doesn't go all red when you pluck and then do a thorough job of it. You'll have to redo it every couple of weeks but it only takes a couple mins. My sister usually does it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Go into a salon and discuss your options, I definetly wouldn't advise shaving.
    Make an appointment and see what your most comfortable with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

i dont know how radical this is

i go to the grafton barber for haircuts and the beauty treatment centre heaven attached to them do laser hair removal.it falls into the beauty therapist area of expertise.

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/28/54163328.html

now it is a bit pricey.

it is also the kind of thing you should be able to discuss with your parents without embarassment and it is not a silly childish thing either.

Advertisement