Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creches

• 26-11-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

I work in the public service in Dublin city centre and we have an on-site creche. I am due in March 09 and will be returning to work at beginning of November 09 and I went in today to ask about a place and was told they only have three places for babies up to the age of 1 and that there is a big waiting list and there was no way they would have a space for me.

I'm getting a bit worried now as stupidly I just assumed I would get a place there. The manager told me that in her experience a lot of creches won't even take babies and that I may find it hard to find somewhere that does.

Does anyone have experience of the whole creche thing. I thought by booking a place a year in advance I'd have a chance but now realise I've been a bit naiive. Does anyone have any recommendations for good creches around the Dublin 14, Dundrum/Milltown area that take babies.

Arrrgghhh!!!! :eek::D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

A lot of creches will not even take babies under 1 because the ratio of staff to babies is smaller so paying extra staff wages reduces their income.

Would you consider a childminder?

Advertisement