Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March shoot.(Open Shoot)

• 23-01-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

The LRRAI will hold a 300m F Class F/Open Stalker Class shoot at- Kingdom An Riocht Range Castlemaine Co, Kerry, on the 28 March 2015.

This is an Open shoot meaning all shooters are welcome. All intending shooters most attend the Range Safety brief.

Registering starts @ 9am for 45mins
    Range Brief @ 10am sharp.
    Competition to commence shortly after.

Need more info? Contact the LRRAI at this email address -
    longrangerifleassociation at gmail.com - or visit us on Facebook

Shooters please remember to bring your :

FAC and current Insurance details on the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

Whats stalker class??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Any rifle suitable for shooting 300yds with barrel length not more than 25inchs may be entered into Stalker Class..

Ah well, my RPA Interceptor 6.5x55 is 26 inches and the additional barrel I got for it is also 26 inches - I would be classed as F-Open then?
    Lots of factory rifles come with 26 inch barrels....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

1jay1 wrote: »
    Ah well, my RPA Interceptor 6.5x55 is 26 inches and the additional barrel I got for it is also 26 inches - I would be classed as F-Open then?
    Lots of factory rifles come with 26 inch barrels....

I see your point but at 300yards your rifle should be up to it... The LRRAI don't want Sako TRGs and the like up against cz550 and other typical hunting rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

I hope to make it to this shoot. What would the round count be, just wondering should I bring the .270 sporter barrel or the .223 heavy barrel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭zeissman

I hope to make it to this shoot. What would the round count be, just wondering should I bring the .270 sporter barrel or the .223 heavy barrel
    Its usually 36 shots in total so 2 boxes of ammo will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LRRAI.

zeissman wrote: »
    Its usually 36 shots in total so 2 boxes of ammo will do.
    That will cover the competition but few rds extra if your looking for, like some do.. Ask for Barrel warmers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

Thanks lads it'll be the .223 so as the .270 won't manage that round count with the sporter barrel. Looking forward to seeing ye there

Is it String or Bisley shooting?

1jay1 wrote: »
    Is it String or Bisley shooting?

Competition will be shot Bisley style.

• Advertisement

Any rifle suitable for shooting 300yds with barrel length not more than 25inchs may be entered into Stalker Class..

The Lrrai are developing this Class so as to be as fair as it can be to lightweight hunting rifles, if you have a heavy Varmint bull barrel type rife expect that you may be Classed in F Class or F Open if you have a 26"lightweight hunting rifle you will be Classed as Stalker Class, this is a new Class for the Lrrai and it might yet be decided by the weight of the rifle as to the Class you get assigned to.
    We are at the moment trying to find the ideal weight to classify a rifle to Stalker Class.
    Rifles will be classified on the day.

The next competition is only four weeks away on the 28th March and we can’t wait, we have had a good few queries from interested shooters about Stalker/Hunter class and what does it cover.

This is the committees decision on Hunter/Stalker Class,

For a rifle to qualify to shoot Stalker/Hunter class it must have a barrel length of no more than 26 inches and have a total weight of no more than 11lbs (total weight means rifle, scope, bipod et. anything that is attached to the rifle while its being used in the competition)

Making for a great days shooting tomorrow, some of Ireland's top shots are shooting for the New Cup sponsored by AnRiocht best of luck to all competing.

There also is a Classic shoot on Sunday run by AnRiocht.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Had a greatmorning at it.Unfortunatly due to equipment and human failure I didnt do much shooting,in fact I wasnt even getting anything on paper because of it.:(
    Good to see a few fammilar faces there and there was some exellent scoring despite the fearsome "An Riocht range wind"[Those who have shot there know what I mean] which had the range flags out straight from left to right.:eek::D
    Say the classic rifle will be good tomrrow,bring your raingear and be prepared to get muddy as well.:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement