Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Complicated very unusual first time driver thread!

Options
  • 05-02-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Okay so, I'm still on my ****e provisional license at the moment, I'm approaching 20 years of age and I've taken the year out from education to earn enough money to get myself a decent car and get myself on the road!
    So, living in Donegal means my Mother can't insure me on her car because she has a policy from Northern Ireland as she has an address and license from northern Ireland, however, my mother's partner of 10 years is able to take out a policy in the Republic of Ireland, as he's a travelling business man and has sufficient need for a car here and a car in the UK. So - I could, in theory, get insured in a policy wherein he is the named driver. But - my mother and him are not married, they are due to be married in the Summer but that's no good to me now.
    My query is, could I get insured under him? As "on paper" we have no real connection. We don't live together, all we have in common in my mother. Help folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Okay so, I'm still on my ****e provisional license at the moment, I'm approaching 20 years of age and I've taken the year out from education to earn enough money to get myself a decent car and get myself on the road!
    So, living in Donegal means my Mother can't insure me on her car because she has a policy from Northern Ireland as she has an address and license from northern Ireland, however, my mother's partner of 10 years is able to take out a policy in the Republic of Ireland, as he's a travelling business man and has sufficient need for a car here and a car in the UK. So - I could, in theory, get insured in a policy wherein he is the named driver. But - my mother and him are not married, they are due to be married in the Summer but that's no good to me now.
    My query is, could I get insured under him? As "on paper" we have no real connection. We don't live together, all we have in common in my mother. Help folks!

No reason why not but your seriously making a big mistake putting your education on hold just to get wheels. It's a money pit!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 typicalstudent

I dropped out of college because I couldn't afford to stay in the south, So I'm travelling to and from college while working and to do so I need a car!

Advertisement