Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone using a Oneplus One on the Vodafone 4G network?

• 18-05-2015 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I'm wondering if it's worth getting with a Vodafone SIM. I'm happy enough to change network if needs be but I'd rather if I still had all my LTE features working fully on my current SIM. I live in Leixlip by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It supports
    4G bands	LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 7(2600), 17(700), 38(2600), 40(2300)

Vodafone LTE bands are in 800,900 & 1800MHz. So band #3 will work, but not all areas will necessarily use band 3, ask Vodafone in their talk to forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Vodafone mainly use band 20 which is not supported. You will get some 4G in urban areas only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

From OnePlus' forums:

[​IMG] Ireland
    3 - Full support
    Meteor (Partial LTE) - Partial support
    O2 (No LTE) - Partial support
    Vodafone (Partial LTE)​ - Partial support

Legend:

Full Support (All Bands/Frequencies Supported)

Partial Support (Some Bands/Frequencies Unsupported)
    - (Partial LTE) means 3G is fully supported, and one or more LTE bands is not supported.
    - (No LTE) means 3G is fully supported, and all LTE bands are not supported.​

Unsupported (No Bands/Frequencies Supported)

Being honest, OP, I would jump from Vodafone in a minute in order to max out my 4G usage and enjoy the OnePlus to its full capability.
    You can check out the Three and Meteor websites for prices, or hit up my site MoolaMonkey to check the deals. There's a thread in the forum.

Honestly, Max out your network with the OnePlus. Great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rekcaks

Sorry to bring up an old thread but im hoping to get an answer here. Im thinking of buying a LG G3 D858 dual sim phone. Im with Vodafone.

4G on the phone operates on 1800MHZ,2100MHZ and 2600MHZ.

Does Vodafone 4G support any of the above?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Advertisement

LG G3 D858 (China Mobile)

It'll work on the 2G and the 3G, but only with partial support on the 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rekcaks

How about the d855 which supports 800mhz?

That's partial 2G Support, along with full 3G and 4G Support.

Advertisement