Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pump on a shower

• 13-09-2013 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

folks can I ask

Why do you need a pump on a shower these days - when I was growing up we had the cylinder outside the bathroom in the hot press and the shower in the bathroom, all on the same floor and it worked fine

we are gettin a new bathroom and the lad doing it, who is a very good mate of mine, says its best to put a pump in for the shower, I was just wondering why that is the case these days when the cylinder is on the same floor as the show etc same as my parents house

the shower will be fed from a 300L cylinder thats connected to a solar panel and back up is a wood buring stove.

I under stand that the prerssure from the tank in the attic drives the water out of the cylinder towards the shower, but I just dont understand why I need a pump when it worked fine in all the older houses

cheers paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

A pump is not an absolute requirement, but some sink and bath taps, and certain shower valves will not work effectively with normal gravity from the attic tank, especially if its located just above the bathroom.
    Check which taps have been fitted and what their pressure requirments are.
    See how they operate on gravity flow alone, your plumber should be able to set things so you can easily fit a pump later if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

K.Flyer wrote: »
    A pump is not an absolute requirement, but some sink and bath taps, and certain shower valves will not work effectively with normal gravity from the attic tank, especially if its located just above the bathroom.
    Check which taps have been fitted and what their pressure requirments are.
    See how they operate on gravity flow alone, your plumber should be able to set things so you can easily fit a pump later if you wish.
    Totaly agree with above.

Years ago we liked a car that moved.
    Now a days we like turbo !!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

thanks lads

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Laodach

Years ago when you were younger, you were also shorter!
    Less pressure required!
    Just saying is all!!!

Advertisement