Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grant for boiler replacement

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

beauf wrote: »
    I thought the amount you get for the grant was fixed. As per the link.

High Efficiency Oil / Gas Boiler with Controls upgrade. €560
    Heating Controls Upgrade only €400

Why are you fixating about the price of the boiler? Is the grant in some sort of ratio to the boiler?

Oh wait. You already have the controls and you just want a boiler upgrade. I'm not sure you qualify for the grant then. I'm not totally sure. Ring SEAI and ask them directly. As for 2k for a boiler replacement, you'd be looking at 2,800 depending on the work involved

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

I was looking at this when getting my boiler replaced but decided it wasn't worth the while as the quotes from the registered installer were 600 higher than other companies anyway so still would have ended up paying more in the end. Zoning controls and a condensor boiler would have been nice but I didn't have the money and only have 7 rads in the house anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Oh wait. You already have the controls and you just want a boiler upgrade. I'm not sure you qualify for the grant then. I'm not totally sure. Ring SEAI and ask them directly. As for 2k for a boiler replacement, you'd be looking at 2,800 depending on the work involved

2800 for oil I mean.
    About 2 for gas

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

For what it's worth here is my take on this grant.
    If you can avoid being over charged, having all the controls required by the grant, will quickly pay for themselves with the fuel savings that the new controls etc give you. As a matter of fact I would go a little beyond the requirements, when everything is drained down.

Also just because an installer is more expensive than one not doing it to grant specs, doesn't mean he is over charging. Best way is a trusted recommendation and a few quotes.

The amount of wasteful installations that have been put in is enormous. This mostly happened because plumbers were being asked to quote for work without specific requirements. Cheapest (basic or no controls, poor insulation) quote got the job.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement