Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

True, any game that has a readily achieveable level cap will inevitably have the cries for "MOAR LVLS PLZ", just as BL1 did. Wouldnt have been too hard for Gearbox to have one or two DLCs with cap increases planned so the balance curve continued into them rather than stop dead at 50 in the base game, they had several DLCs ready to go only weeks after release (even though they were outsourced). Guess they were betting on players playing through again with another character or the Badass rank substituting for a level cap increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If anyone doesn't have enough of these by now these are for 5 keys

PC / Mac: KJWJ3-SCBFK-S5F3J-JBBB3-BHCJ3
    Xbox 360: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3
    PlayStation 3: 5JKJJ-CXZ53-5WWKT-H3WBJ-ZZ55X

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

calex71 wrote: »
    If anyone doesn't have enough of these by now these are for 5 keys

PC / Mac: KJWJ3-SCBFK-S5F3J-JBBB3-BHCJ3
    Xbox 360: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3
    PlayStation 3: 5JKJJ-CXZ53-5WWKT-H3WBJ-ZZ55X

how or where do you redeem these codes, i have bl2 on steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

go into the game, select extras from main menu, then select shift codes, enter the PC / Mac code above.

So i just cleared the main storyline there, what should i do now? True vault hunter mode is extremely difficult (well difficult enough to make me not want to do the whole story again).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

go into the game, select extras from main menu, then select shift codes, enter the PC / Mac code above.

So i just cleared the main storyline there, what should i do now? True vault hunter mode is extremely difficult (well difficult enough to make me not want to do the whole story again).

To be honest, TVHM is the best part of the game. Maybe do one of the DLCs or some more of the side missions to level up a bit more first. As difficult as it is, once you start getting better weapons and adding a few new skill points, it gets a lot easier. And since you know where to go, it's a lot quicker too.

If you haven't done the DLCs yet, I'd suggest Mr.Torgue's first.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    To be honest, TVHM is the best part of the game. Maybe do one of the DLCs or some more of the side missions to level up a bit more first. As difficult as it is, once you start getting better weapons and adding a few new skill points, it gets a lot easier. And since you know where to go, it's a lot quicker too.

If you haven't done the DLCs yet, I'd suggest Mr.Torgue's first.

This !!!! Especially seeing as you can guarantee legendary weapons from vending machines, and minimal effort farming the tokens needed for them, you could have a very nice DP harrold pistol fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Thing is I bought the game from a site with a steam key. And redeemed on a mac on steam. I don't know are the dlc's been ported yet :/

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Waiting on a sale on the seasons pass before picking it up. Once I can get all 4 for €20 or less I'll buy.

Thing is I bought the game from a site with a steam key. And redeemed on a mac on steam. I don't know are the dlc's been ported yet :/

Then what I'd maybe suggest if you can't do the DLC is to do some side missions on Normal Mode to get up a Level or two, then start redoing Hero's Pass and The Warrior, which will level you up a lot quicker, and you should get some good guns out of The Warrior (even if you don't get a legendary, he can drop some good stuff). Get up a few levels that way, then start on TVHM which, although you'll still have to change any good weapons you got from the Warrior for new weapons, it'll help you start off a bit better.

Honestly, the main source of replayability in the game is getting to Level 50, getting to playthrough 2.5 and making the game really challenging, then going after Raid Bosses or looking for the absolute best loot and legendaries. It sucks having to play through the whole story again (especially trying to level up more than one character. I've been through the story 4 times to level up 2 characters). But if you manage to get up a few levels ahead of what the main mission is, it becomes a lot easier and quicker.

Started farming raid bosses again over the weekend, and finished all the DLC as the gunzerker (Only had a few missions left in Captain Scarletts, and Sir Hammerlocks I just flew through the whole thing with an Evil Smasher Infinity pistol).

Killed Hyperius, Pete and Voracidous loads of times, and Dexidrous once just to see what he was like. Got a few legendaries but nothing major. Was mostly looking for a Legendary Gunzerker class mod but only got a Legendary Siren one. Couldn't spawn Vermivorous. Couldn't even spawn OmndOmndOhk or whatever his name is, witch doctors just kept giving Ultimate Badass Savages more health.

What are the best seraph weapons? I've about 900 crystals now after all that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I managed to get my Gunzerker to level 50 yesterday, so I'm gonna try and farm a few legendaries and the like, the only ones I have now are way below my current level.

Started farming raid bosses again over the weekend, and finished all the DLC as the gunzerker (Only had a few missions left in Captain Scarletts, and Sir Hammerlocks I just flew through the whole thing with an Evil Smasher Infinity pistol).

Killed Hyperius, Pete and Voracidous loads of times, and Dexidrous once just to see what he was like. Got a few legendaries but nothing major. Was mostly looking for a Legendary Gunzerker class mod but only got a Legendary Siren one. Couldn't spawn Vermivorous. Couldn't even spawn OmndOmndOhk or whatever his name is, witch doctors just kept giving Ultimate Badass Savages more health.

What are the best seraph weapons? I've about 900 crystals now after all that

Interfacer shotgun is as good the conference call imo, there is also a sniper rifle with +580% crits, and the evolution shield. There was also a grenade mod which for the life of me I can't remember. And a relic that is +31% damage and 5.6% health regen

The best stuff on Hammerlocks is not orange so take care even the weapons Dexidous and OmdndOmnOhk drop are blue so are easily overlooked, I know I ignored the rough rider and the chopper on my 1st run at it.

Actually who knows how many times I missed the shotgun from terramorhous becasue it was blue :(

Yeah, was looking at the Interfacers but didn't get one as I have a few Conference Calls and had just gotten a Corrosive Sledge's Shotgun from Hyperius. Might just buy a load of stuff and load them on to mule character or something. Or even onto my Commando seeing as how I stole all his good weapons once I got my Gunzerker to Level 50. His backpack is looking a bit bare :D

Also, it's a shame the Torgue Raid Boss doesn't drop Torgue Tokens too. Did the Bar Brawl 3 a few times but you still only get 25-30 tokens with each run, and that's if you complete it (twice I couldn't find the last badass in time and failed it). Saving up for 600+ tokens, even with an Evil Smasher Infinity is a chore.

Though I was thinking I might start a new character, then just have them levelling up in the background in case I ever choose to use them. At least make it worth more of my time doing it, and having them way levelled up will mean I could fly through the story missions as them if needed. Don't know whether to go Maya or Zero though (as little as they both appeal to me, I have no interest in Gaige).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've enjoyed Gaige so far from what I've played, I think I have her around level 20 or so. That scream she does when you accidentally reload and lose all your anarchy stacks though >_>

Also, it's a shame the Torgue Raid Boss doesn't drop Torgue Tokens too. Did the Bar Brawl 3 a few times but you still only get 25-30 tokens with each run, and that's if you complete it (twice I couldn't find the last badass in time and failed it). Saving up for 600+ tokens, even with an Evil Smasher Infinity is a chore.

I just stand at the door and clear it out with a launcher like a Norfleet or homing grenades while zerking, with the kills you rack up you will be extending the zerk time so will have time to get to the ammo vending machine and back and keep it going, cheaper to do it on normal but for some reason in my game on normal the enemies are lvl 51 and pete is the expected 32 :confused:

It's a great spot for doing launcher and nade badass challenges
    Denny M wrote: »
    I've enjoyed Gaige so far from what I've played, I think I have her around level 20 or so. That scream she does when you accidentally reload and lose all your anarchy stacks though >_>

I have her at lvl 29 and she is easily my 2nd favorite character even without all her skills, can't wait to see what she is like at 50 !!!!!!

I just stand at the door and clear it out with a launcher like a Norfleet or homing grenades while zerking, with the kills you rack up you will be extending the zerk time so will have time to get to the ammo vending machine and back and keep it going, cheaper to do it on normal but for some reason in my game on normal the enemies are lvl 51 and pete is the expected 32 :confused:

It's a great spot for doing launcher and nade badass challenges

Ah, I was using the Evil Smasher'd Infinity. No point even zerking, just point, shoot and explode them into meat chunks. It's just running around trying to find them, and been trying to kill any Rats too in case they steal some of the Tokens (not sure if they do or not, but best kill them anyway).

Plus, after several games online trying (and failing) to kill raid bosses, I only have about a million. Even with zerking, don't want to be spending money on rockets and grenades.

Who is it that's most likely to drop the Infinity, that Doc guy from the E-Tech quest? I wanna try and grab one of those.

Denny M wrote: »
    Who is it that's most likely to drop the Infinity, that Doc guy from the E-Tech quest? I wanna try and grab one of those.

Yeah, Doc Mercy. I've heard his drop rate is pretty low though. Are you PS3?

Nah, PC. I have that relic that improves drop rates for higher levelled stuff, but I'd say it's still gonna take a while.

That relic is pretty useless as far as I know. If something like a legendary has a 0.1% chance of dropping, with the relic it has a 0.105% chance (ie. it's 5% of the original percentage). The relic is only really useful for increasing green/blue drops on normal enemies

• Advertisement

Well then, bugger. The only legendaries I've picked up so far are the rocket launcher dropped by King Mong I think it is, the Conference Call (level 30),that Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shield that was in a vending machine (level 42), and the grenade mod dropped by Boom-Bewm at level 4 >_>

I know. I farmed him for a while and got nothing (at least with bigger bosses, they drop a lot of loot. Doc Mercy pretty much just drops a bit of cash, some ammo, a white or two and maybe a green). Then in a random online game, after beating Master Gee, one guy tossed out all his stuff and left. Got two Infinities from him.

Maybe if you're getting nowhere with Doc Mercy, try a few random online games. You'd be surprised how many games you join where there's just a bunch of legendaries and seraphs lying on the ground where people have already tossed out weapons and are picking and choosing.

Yeah, I may just give that a go. It's worth a shot I guess.

That relic is pretty useless as far as I know. If something like a legendary has a 0.1% chance of dropping, with the relic it has a 0.105% chance (ie. it's 5% of the original percentage). The relic is only really useful for increasing green/blue drops on normal enemies

It has 0 effect on legendary drop rates, all it does it improves the chance of greens dropping, and decreases the chances of a white.

It was modded on PC to test it at +5000% and it had no effect on blue, purple or orange drops ........ and there i was like a fool with it equiped for ages.

I might have said it before, but on PC there is a slider to tell the game there are 4 people in the game even when you are solo (a mod), for consoles you just run to the door where Gee is but dont enter just jump up to the switch and the game will think there are 4 in the game, this has something to do with how they implemented the scaling for him.

The consequences of this will be a massive ramp up in difficulty but the drop rates will also increase, if you are toting a smasher + infinity it will not be a problem otherwise you are in for a world of pain.

Oh you will know the game thinks there 4 players when you have full ammo but it will allow you to keep picking it up.

It has 0 effect on legendary drop rates, all it does it improves the chance of greens dropping, and decreases the chances of a white.

It was modded on PC to test it at +5000% and it had no effect on blue, purple or orange drops ........ and there i was like a fool with it equiped for ages.

I might have said it before, but on PC there is a slider to tell the game there are 4 people in the game even when you are solo (a mod), for consoles you just run to the door where Gee is but dont enter just jump up to the switch and the game will think there are 4 in the game, this has something to do with how they implemented the scaling for him.

The consequences of this will be a massive ramp up in difficulty but the drop rates will also increase, if you are toting a smasher + infinity it will not be a problem otherwise you are in for a world of pain.

Oh you will know the game thinks there 4 players when you have full ammo but it will allow you to keep picking it up.

Not on PC but not a bad idea anyway. Might load in another character for splitscreen and farm him that way. Well, maybe Hyperius or Voracidous instead of him. Worst part about Pete is that the quickest way to farm him involves crushing yourself with the elevator and respawning in the bar. Lost a good bit of money that way.

Not on PC but not a bad idea anyway. Might load in another character for splitscreen and farm him that way. Well, maybe Hyperius or Voracidous instead of him. Worst part about Pete is that the quickest way to farm him involves crushing yourself with the elevator and respawning in the bar. Lost a good bit of money that way.

AH thats were a 2nd controller comes in, leave the other one at the door ;)

Thing I found when farming him though was almost every 2nd time he gimps out and just stands on his platform and won't drop down, I have to exit and enter and pull the switch again potentially running out of eridium as he doesn't drop enough usually to cancel the loss.

AH thats were a 2nd controller comes in, leave the other one at the door ;)

But wouldn't you still have to kill one each time? Or kill them both every second time?
    Thing I found when farming him though was almost every 2nd time he gimps out and just stands on his platform and won't drop down, I have to exit and enter and pull the switch again potentially running out of eridium as he doesn't drop enough usually to cancel the loss.

Only saw that happen once to me. He appeared up at the top but was completely incorporeal. And Moxxi was in her cell too but couldn't interact with her. Just thought I'd caused a glitch or something. Only have to pay him with Eridium once though, I thought. You do now anyway.

Worst experience I had farming Pete was before I was using the Smasher/Infinity glitch, I was beating him by getting up to the pipes near one of the valves. He jumped up after me so I jumped down and beat him from there (he gets stuck up there and can't jump down). This was my 8th or 9th time beating him, and he finally dropped a legendary. But he'd died behind the pipe you use to jump up, meaning I couldn't get up to the legendary. Even after his body disappeared, it wouldn't let me up. Tried using grenades and rocket launchers to jump up and nearly killed myself in the process. Even killed myself with the elevator and went back down and it didn't work.

Eventually had to go out to The Beatdown and back in. Legendary ended up being a Rolling Thunder grenade I think, which I already had and wasn't really worth the effort. Sickener.

But wouldn't you still have to kill one each time? Or kill them both every second time?

No you just exit the bar with the second controller and you will be taken out side too. Then simply re-enter again.

I have to pay to fight Pete every time :confused:

No you just exit the bar with the second controller and you will be taken out side too. Then simply re-enter again.

I have to pay to fight Pete every time :confused:

Really? I have to pay the first time then just have to press the board each time after that for free to bring him down. Yesterday anyway. Didn't they get rid of the once-a-day lockout for raid bosses? Even for Hyperius/Voracidous, I pay once, then once I beat them, walk through the door and they appear in the arena again with the door still open. Can just walk right in again and fight them again for free.

Are you exiting the game to the main menu between each kill or something?

• Advertisement

Really? I have to pay the first time then just have to press the board each time after that for free to bring him down. Yesterday anyway. Didn't they get rid of the once-a-day lockout for raid bosses? Even for Hyperius/Voracidous, I pay once, then once I beat them, walk through the door and they appear in the arena again with the door still open. Can just walk right in again and fight them again for free.

Are you exiting the game to the main menu between each kill or something?

No, I can fight all the others as many times as I like, just with hyperius I pay every time I go to the board the robbing so and so :p

Advertisement