Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do all gamestops have same prices in country?

Options
  • 17-02-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

hey lads, i am looking to get a new xbox, as my old one 20 gb does not have wireless... and well... its old... dont know how much more time it has :D

so i really love my local gamestop and lads working in there allways helped me alot. i went there today to cancell 3ds preorder and put money towards xbox. so 250eu for 250bg one with 1 game, cheap one. Or 270eu for same xbox but with any game value of up to 70 quid.

i got a voucher, so i am stuch with buying xbox from gamestop,so that amazon one for 160 pounds is a nono. Plus i hate delveries :D

So will all gamestops around will have same deals? or different gamestops, different deals?

And anather thing, i heard you get only scart cable with new xbox and you need to buy hdmi cable separate? component cable is not working from old xbox too...

so is it normal hdmi to hdmi cable which i can get in any shop? or "rip off microsoft" to hdmi cable that i can get only from MS?

thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I'm pretty sure all GameStop stores have the same deals and prices, as they share the same head office that controls that stuff.

As for the HDMI cable - it's just a normal HDMI to HDMI cable you need. I think you might be able to get one pretty cheap in GameStop, or maybe one of their bundles includes one? Don't spend more than €15 on one anyways, they're all the same really.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GothPunk wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure all GameStop stores have the same deals and prices, as they share the same head office that controls that stuff.

As for the HDMI cable - it's just a normal HDMI to HDMI cable you need. I think you might be able to get one pretty cheap in GameStop, or maybe one of their bundles includes one? Don't spend more than €15 on one anyways, they're all the same really.

ah thanks m8, i know that ps3 did same thing to me. just included scart cable, i really cant believe these consoles being so cheap about those cables, all this HD advertising and they dont even include cables :D

i will get it in local shopt then, thnks again.

Advertisement