Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Platinum Games Discussion Thread

• 17-02-2011 4:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

Ok i just wanted peoples opinions on Platinum Games Studios, cause after completing Bayonetta today and vanquish at Christmas and have played madworld for the wii aswell i can honestly say that these guys are one of the most amazing bunch of developers.

I couldn't get over how fun and stylish all 3 games were gameplay wise , the sheer scope off every level and just when i say to myself they can top this boss battle they do.

So what do ye guys think , do ye share the same views as myself or disagree.

bayonetta_wallpaper_by_patodevil.jpg

vanquish-game3_1742564c.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4C_3UX5RZm3kAZH-BGfTWz3sKmGgwgj5dbTVECSgOacVdsGjPyg&t=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

They have made brilliant games so far, but didn't some of their main talent leave after Vanquish?

Still, I have high hopes for Anarchy Reigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

They have made brilliant games so far, but didn't some of their main talent leave after Vanquish?

Still, I have high hopes for Anarchy Reigns.

i only think Shinji Mikami left to bethesda , not sure if anyone else left.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shinji Mikami was never really with Platinum, he's kind of freelance at the moment and I expect he'll be back to collaborate with them again. They still have Hideki Kamiya who seems to be the creative talent there anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They are simply the best game developers working at the moment, and I wouldn't make such a ludicrous statement if I didn't believe it. They're putting the fun, innovation and ridiculousness back in games.

I was only so-so about Madworld (great artstyle and very visceral, but poor repetitive level design) but Bayonetta and Vanquish were my two favourite games of last year. Have started Infinite Space and digging that too, whole different sort of game to their other stuff. Can't wait to play Max Anarchy or Anarchy Reigns or whatever they're calling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I have Infinite Space which is made by them. I haven't beaten it yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I have Infinite Space which is made by them. I haven't beaten it yet though.

And you probably never will, I hear it's 120 hours long at the very least! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

is bayonetta that good?

got it a while ago and played like 5 minutes of it but it never really stood out. and from what i read up on it it sounds like a DMC remake with a woman as the leading role.

so should i play it and keep my opinion to myself until i have given it a proper go? as i have been wanting to try a new game for a while and blops just doesnt do it for me anymore.

is bayonetta that good?

got it a while ago and played like 5 minutes of it but it never really stood out. and from what i read up on it it sounds like a DMC remake with a woman as the leading role.

so should i play it and keep my opinion to myself until i have given it a proper go? as i have been wanting to try a new game for a while and blops just doesnt do it for me anymore.

I say give it another go , i agree with you bout the start it was abit mashy to me at first but i played it some more and i was just blown away on the sheer quality of the game

They are simply the best game developers working at the moment, and I wouldn't make such a ludicrous statement if I didn't believe it. They're putting the fun, innovation and ridiculousness back in games.

I was only so-so about Madworld (great artstyle and very visceral, but poor repetitive level design) but Bayonetta and Vanquish were my two favourite games of last year. Have started Infinite Space and digging that too, whole different sort of game to their other stuff. Can't wait to play Max Anarchy or Anarchy Reigns or whatever they're calling it.

There one of the best if not the best multiplatform studios out there for sure and i agree with all your points, Theres 2 studios that stand out the most and thats Team Ico Studios for Sony And Nintendo Studios, although im not a Nintendo Guy I see games like Zelda and mario thats going on for 20 odd years and still creating brand new innovative ideas to games. Still need to try a zelda game one of these days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

After reading this thread I picked up bayonetta for 9.99 new in Gamestop yesterday :D
    At that price I couldn't refuse..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Platinum Games: Who said Japan is in a creative death?

Answer: the guys looking at all the other studios

Advertisement