Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum Meet up in April

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

qweerty wrote: »
    I was there last time, but can't make this weekend. Hope everyone enjoys it. And a word to newbies: the homoerotic hazing rituals may seem a bit daunting, but it's worth it once you've been inducted. ;)

I didn't know that 'that' was a ritual. :eek: I thought we were just..shaking hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

1. playedalive (Saturday)
    2. Daith (Saturday)
    3. Manicmailman (Friday/Saturday)
    4. Dub_Guy (Saturday)
    5. Endo(Sat)
    6. Ash885 (Friday/Saturday)
    7. Emz93 (Saturday)
    8. tipperaryboy (Saturday)
    9. imme (Fri/Sat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

I didn't know that 'that' was a ritual. :eek: I thought we were just..shaking hands.

Was that your hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

Can we say that this is happening on Sat?

Daith wrote: »
    Can we say that this is happening on Sat?

Yeah I guess the overwhelming vote is for the Saturday, starting from 7.30pm. That ok?

Edit: I rang JW Sweetmans to book a table for half 7. They said it should be ok. Will confirm.

• Advertisement

Just had confirmation from JW Sweetmans that there is a big table booked for us at 7.30pm on Saturday. I'll bring a sign anyway so you won't miss me. See you then guys :)

Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Might pop in for a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey guys would be interested in going to this. New to Boards and have to go unreg because new user signups are disabled at the minute. And as I've never been to a meetup, what is the general age group? Is 25 too old?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mecirlandais

Hey guys I'd be interested in going. As I'm new to the meetups what is the general age group? Is 25 too old? :o:D

• Advertisement

Hey guys I'd be interested in going. As I'm new to the meetups what is the general age group? Is 25 too old? :o:D

Generally Anywhere from 19 onwards. Do come along. There are many twenty somethings and onwards there. :) Everybody is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newbie90

Room for one more newbie tomorrow night?

Any more nervous/scared newbies going?

newbie90 wrote: »
    Room for one more newbie tomorrow night?

Any more nervous/scared newbies going?

Yeah of course. There will be plenty of space. The more the merrier I say. You'll be more than welcome. :)

Bloody hell :P See you all later

What floor are we meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

What floor are we meeting?

I'd imagine 1st or 2nd? I'll be o'wer in 20ish mins

I'd imagine 1st or 2nd? I'll be o'wer in 20ish mins

Cool, I am on the first floor watching the rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mecirlandais

Hey whereabouts on first floor ye meeting? Just having a wander about to find people

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Cool, I am on the first floor watching the rugby

were here in little snug on 2nd floor opposite bar

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Heya guys! Pre drinks are kind of taking over here so might see you guys in the FL or the G if you're heading there! :)

• Advertisement

Well..? Any stories?! :p

qweerty wrote: »
    Well..? Any stories?! :p

It was a lovely night. We ended up in a nice little snug in JW Sweetmans followed by a trip into Pantibar and the George.

On that note, it was lovely to meet all you guys that attended the meet up. And gratitude has to be given, of course, to the lovely Daith who gave us the lowdown on the Dublin scene on a Saturday night ;). I hope we can do this again sometime. :)

It was a lovely night. We ended up in a nice little snug in JW Sweetmans followed by a trip into Pantibar and the George.

On that note, it was lovely to meet all you guys that attended the meet up. And gratitude has to be given, of course, to the lovely Daith who gave us the lowdown on the Dublin scene on a Saturday night ;). I hope we can do this again sometime. :)

Sounds pretty gay :p

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Any XX-chromosomes?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Sad I missed the Pantibar escapades but glad I found some of ye in the George! Thank God it wasn't too packed; or maybe people just avoided me because of all drink I was spilling! ^^

Credit to the organisers again, job well done.

I just couldn't believe you guys couldn't get into the Front Lounge! :p

Nice meeting everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

It was a great night massive credit to you for organising well done !. Btw that film that I was talking about is called Beautiful Thing not sure if its on the Irish Netflix though.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Daith wrote: »
    I just couldn't believe you guys couldn't get into the Front Lounge! :p

Nice meeting everyone!

No groups allowed....EVAR! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

No groups allowed....EVAR! :)
    That's strange though because we went in last time.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    That's strange though because we went in last time.

Ah it was just busy.

• Advertisement

Anyone fancy a meetup in May? :)

Advertisement