Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT009 Electrical and Control Engineering

• 12-08-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Not too sure where to put this thread, Engineering or DIT. Mods feel free to delete or move.

I've done 2 years of Electronics and I was offered advanced entry into the second year of 'DT009 Electrical and Control Engineering'

Just wondering if anyone has notes from year 1 that they could send over so I can play a little catch up :) It would be greatly appreciated and could fork out a few euro if that would encourage people?

Or if people that have done year 1 let me know what were the hard bits from it and ill look into it myself.

One more thing, it says on their website that there is a choice in second year between Control and Automation Systems or Electrical Energy Systems. But I read somewhere on Boards that this doesn't happen anymore, that now you do both. Is that the case?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

John. wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has notes from year 1 that they could send over so I can play a little catch up :)

Ireland's longest running engineering course, I did it several years ago.
    My notes would be of little use as the course content has changed quite a bit since.

It would be better to talk to lecturers or students.
    One more thing, it says on their website that there is a choice in second year between Control and Automation Systems or Electrical Energy Systems. But I read somewhere on Boards that this doesn't happen anymore, that now you do both. Is that the case?

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭John.

cheers for the reply 2011.

I wonder why they still have it listed on their website that you have a choice.

I would have preferred to just major in the control and automation systems. Not to worry though, i'm sure something good will come of doing both

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

John. wrote: »
    I wonder why they still have it listed on their website that you have a choice.

An oversight I imagine.

I would have preferred to just major in the control and automation systems.

Yes it is great, that is what I choose. It won't make much difference in the long run, most of what you will learn will be from doing it in the "real world".
    Not to worry though, i'm sure something good will come of doing both

AFAIK this change was made following discussions with companies that frequently employ graduates from this course (ESB International I think)

Advertisement