Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Secret World - Map of Secrets

• 07-11-2012 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

I have no idea if this has been done before on boards.ie, here is a map to collaborate on:

Add interesting "secret" places and anything else that might have been related to conspiracy theories. Links in descriptions are welcome.
    A focus on Ireland is preferable, but it's really not restricted to anywhere.

If the place is difficult to get to, try to explain the requirements to get there.
    Be careful with other peoples edits, play nice, just use common sense!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=205472684572021475755.0004cde4d657febdb7d35

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Ha ha ha
    Number 3 the secret Cairn is not very secret.I visit it regularly,they even installed a footpath right to the top of it this year.
    You can climb inside the tomb too.

Whats the big secret?Its the biggest burial cairn in Ireland

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

seannash wrote: »
    Ha ha ha
    Number 3 the secret Cairn is not very secret.I visit it regularly,they even installed a footpath right to the top of it this year.
    You can climb inside the tomb too.

Whats the big secret?Its the biggest burial cairn in Ireland

:rolleyes: What were you expecting to be on it? The location of the grail? Atlantis?

Gotham, I think it's an interesting project and I hope it catches on. It could get really interesting as it grows.

:rolleyes: What were you expecting to be on it? The location of the grail? Atlantis?

Gotham, I think it's an interesting project and I hope it catches on. It could get really interesting as it grows.
    He titles it Secret world,Map of secrets and adds one of the best known attractions for hillwalkers in the north east.Nothing secret about it.

I found it funny.whats your problem?

He titles it Secret world,Map of secrets and adds one of the best known attractions for hillwalkers in the north east.Nothing secret about it.

I found it funny.whats your problem?
    If you find it funny, fine, then laugh - as opposed to typing "hahaha". Especially when the jokes on you, even if you don't realise it. Replace "secret" with mysterious places of interest if it helps.

If you find it funny, fine, then laugh - as opposed to typing "hahaha". Especially when the jokes on you, even if you don't realise it. Replace "secret" with mysterious places of interest if it helps.
    So Im not allowed type lol or anything like that or inform the OP that that place isn't very secret?Your not my father so dont tell me how to act,especially on the internet
    How is the joke on me?
    Okay so lets replace the whole title to places of interest and move it to the tourism forum.

• Advertisement

So Im not allowed type lol or anything like that or inform the OP that that place isn't very secret?Your not my father so dont tell me how to act,especially on the internet
    How is the joke on me?
    Okay so lets replace the whole title to places of interest and move it to the tourism forum.
    Or you could just read the OP properly and give the thread a chance without spoiling it with inane comments:
    Add interesting "secret" places and anything else that might have been related to conspiracy theories

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭horsemaster

This is a great thread Gotham. By the way, is Rockfall in the sea?

Add interesting "secret" places and anything else that might have been related to conspiracy theories

And my point is its not A:Secret or B:involved in a conspiracy

And just to preempt your claim of "he stated interesting" the full description is interesting secret places.

and again how is the joke on me?
    I read and understood the post fully and made the poster aware that this location doesn't fit his description.

Is Newgrange secret??This location is the exact same as Newgrange

It is indeed

Sean,
    I'm not going to continue in this discussion as it detracts from an interesting and unique OP. Though it might help if you read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

Gotham.
    by way of apology I'll share this http://www.scribd.com/doc/27162182/Freemasonry-in-Ireland-and-the-Dublin-Occult-Grid (CH 2).

• Advertisement

Sean,
    I'm not going to continue in this discussion as it detracts from an interesting and unique OP. Though it might help if you read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

Gotham.
    by way of apology I'll share this http://www.scribd.com/doc/27162182/Freemasonry-in-Ireland-and-the-Dublin-Occult-Grid (CH 2).
    That's your parting shot is it?
    Your pathetic.

That's your parting shot is it?
    Your pathetic.
    You misunderstand. I'm actually trying to help you understand the OP. I have no interest in insulting you .Read the link with this in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

For the love of god, cut out the bickering.

Thanks for the link, Gotham. It's a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 anastasia2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

There are many sites in Ireland, both accessable to the public and have secret histories, Tara leads the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Thanks for the (mostly) positive replies guys. The idea is for a map of interesting places that might not be so well known aswell, I guess the cairn could come under druidic practice and possibly supernatural stuff.

I had no idea that the cairn was so famous, but its a wiki-map and if people have something better to contribute then please do.

If you're a hillwalker on that mountain you will probably know about it, but some guy from cork might never have heard of it - we have a unique ability in Ireland to travel anywhere on the isle and back in a day, I myself would consider traveling to see some interesting points on the map from other people.

I'm really interested in stuff like this too: (Underground Ireland)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055035912
    Rockall is in the middle of the sea, it has a funny history with Ireland Scotland and England fighting over its ownership. There is a link in the map-pin to a wikipedia article about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Gotham wrote: »
    Thanks for the (mostly) positive replies guys. The idea is for a map of interesting places that might not be so well known aswell, I guess the cairn could come under druidic practice and possibly supernatural stuff.

I had no idea that the cairn was so famous, but its a wiki-map and if people have something better to contribute then please do.

If you're a hillwalker on that mountain you will probably know about it, but some guy from cork might never have heard of it - we have a unique ability in Ireland to travel anywhere on the isle and back in a day, I myself would consider traveling to see some interesting points on the map from other people.

I'm really interested in stuff like this too: (Underground Ireland)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055035912

Rockall is in the middle of the sea, it has a funny history with Ireland Scotland and England fighting over its ownership. There is a link in the map-pin to a wikipedia article about it.
    great thread thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭haydar

Great thread and great idea with the map.

I'll be following with interest!

I actually just discovered that Blather.net have executed a very similar idea!

They have mapped out some locations of UFO sightings and stuff, I will post this here if anyone is interested:
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=p&msa=0&msid=116306863117533342868.0004496b6ca4e017e5fbd&ll=53.514185,-7.514648&spn=4.573915,9.84375&z=6&source=embed

Ha wow, this is an amazing read, interesting stuff here thanks a lot, the diagrams are great.

I'd like to point out to people who wish to collaborate: I'm pretty sure you just need to log into your Google account and it should be editable for you with a big red button.

• Advertisement
Advertisement