Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Passat CC

• 30-12-2011 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭

New year, thinking about a new car.

Anyone have much to say on the Passat CC ? Been having a look around on DoneDeal and they seem a bit over priced.

For instance, 22k for a 09 with 50,000 km on the clock. Will they hold their value in the future as they seem to be doing to date ? Anything to worry about with them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The underpinnings I'd imagine are the same as any other Passat of the same era (engine wise) but AFAIK the earlier models were only a 4 seater.

Beautiful cars in my eyes, the back of them is dating a lot more than the front though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I like them but wow €22k for a 3 year old Passat with 50k km is quite expensive, a quick gander on donedeal shows a few 08 Mercedes CLS320's for around that money, and I know which one I would rather have.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not a VW fan but always liked the Passat CC except for the rear, the J-Lo type ass is just too big on it.

Crazy money still being sought for them but they are still rare enough and they only became a 5 seater since 2010. The diesels are the CR units and they were the first to receive the facelifted Passat saloon interior when launched back in 2008. Might be worth going to the UK for one as they are plentiful over there though specs are a bit lower than Irish ones.

Facelifted model is due early in the New Year and they are dropping the Passat name, it will just be called the CC so this should knock resale values of the existing model a bit. They have sorted the rear a little but grafted the bland Passat saloon face onto the front of it which has ruined it imo:

2012-volkswagen-passat-cc-03.jpg
    2012-volkswagen-passat-cc-04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Oh wow, that is gorgeous...

Nyom nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

What Bazz said is spot on. OMG they just ruined the thing...

• Advertisement
Advertisement