Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

I caught this little guy a week ago while fishing my local lake(I will not say the name!)I caught two but only managed to take a photo of this guy.Sunday I went to the lake again but it was too bright and hot but I got a take by a brownie on the bibio but he jumped up in the air and he was gone.

I have just started fly fishing and I am addicted.The season so far has been bad for me due to the windy nature of the weather although today is calm but I dunno if it is too warm.

Thanks,
    MadDog1999

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭jack01986

MadDog1999 wrote: »
    I caught this little guy a week ago while fishing my local lake(I will not say the name!)I caught two but only managed to take a photo of this guy.Sunday I went to the lake again but it was too bright and hot but I got a take by a brownie on the bibio but he jumped up in the air and he was gone.

I have just started fly fishing and I am addicted.The season so far has been bad for me due to the windy nature of the weather although today is calm but I dunno if it is too warm.

Thanks,
    MadDog1999

Nice brownie there. If you are putting the guys back try not to lay them down on the ground like that as it can remove some of the protective slime from them. A bet would be handy or even some damp grass would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

jack01986 wrote: »
    Nice brownie there. If you are putting the guys back try not to lay them down on the ground like that as it can remove some of the protective slime from them. A bet would be handy or even some damp grass would be better.

He is a small sea trout.Thanks for the advice on catch and release.I also release all my fish.

Sorry nice sea trout there!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

6lb tench that I previously posted. Going out the weekend to try catch another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

My 1st double trout take on the kildevil with a butcher dropper :D

11401557_10153118494563409_5639560659716360368_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

20150612_225202.jpg

New PB for the Liffey, the last of seven fish all caught on the Devaux. A great evenings fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Tinchy tenchy
    20150612_162447_zps3yhs3vmf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Tinchy tenchy

:D

Nice arctic char from Iceland.
    Af7LcKO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Where did you catch that from ?, I've only ever seen one other that small, little beaut though
    Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Tinchy tenchy

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

uch wrote: »
    Where did you catch that from ?, I've only ever seen one other that small, little beaut though

Match lake in Toomans Fishery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Handy little conger I caught on the pier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

2015-06-29%2023.50.05.jpg

Another great evening on the river, think I had some help from above though....

20150629_230522.jpg

Anyone know of a grotto missing something? ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Some blue sharks from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

popsy09 wrote: »
    Some blue sharks from yesterday

Wow! Well done for landing them. How are your arms today? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭nokiatom

fine shark. how far out were ye ?

Arms are sore and burnt from trying to lift them their skin is like sandpaper

One shark was over 2m but had no official mat so could have been a specimen

We went 32kms out

Sharks yesterday to.sea trout.today

Some difference between today and yesterday but still the same result, me smiling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

popsy09 wrote: »
    Sharks yesterday to.sea trout.today

Some difference between today and yesterday but still the same result, me smiling

Beautiful! Where did you catch them? Did you go that far out again?

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    Beautiful! Where did you catch them? Did you go that far out again?

I'd rather not say on the Internet but if you are around cork pm me I'll tell ya where to go

Plenty fish about that size there now and a couple of big boys about 4-5 lb but very very hard to get in low water

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

lovely sea trout popsy, itching to get out after them but have a new little nipper and fishing has taken a backseat !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Anyone have any idea what exactly this is? People have been calling it a scorpionfish a lot, but looking that up shows that scorpionfish are a family rather than a species of fish. All I can gather is that it's some kind of sculpin. It looks a lot like both kinds of sea scorpion, but it's red as opposed to brown
    (Caught in Clew Bay, roughly ~15cm)
    http://i.imgur.com/dCGiyxj.jpg

I think its a long spined sea scorpion. I remember something about the spines being longer than the diameter of the eye then its a long spined fish. The colour difference could just be due to the ground it was living on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Great fish, that yellow one on the angling website is really impressive

Ate scorpion fish soup on Greece once, after watching the grandfather of the girl who cooked it for us land the fish on a small boat, figures because they don't have much meat so better suited to a soup. Was a similar fish but larger and predominantly red there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Nice Cod from the kayak a couple of weeks back.

Cod%20with%20Mickey%20Fish%20Rig_zpswovwvowa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭nokiatom

my first batch for the freezer

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Here's my biggest and best fight from yesterday :rolleyes:

Seagull_zpsw01farkc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Not everyday ya pull a bird when fishing:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Not everyday ya pull a bird when fishing:)

You've clearly never fishe on the dodder in tallaght on a sunny day :)

Advertisement