Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

expedia

Options
  • 21-09-2012 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I need advice please, I booked a hotel through expedia a mysterious hotel it was guaranteed to be a 5 star hotel on the las vegas strip.

Then when they emailed me the confirmation it was only a 4 star hotel which is not on the strip in Las Vegas it is actually off the strip.

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just curious, what hotel did you end up booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 steve7085

We got an email confirming we are staying at the Vdara hotel which is 100 metres from the strip and is only 4 star.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Just curious, what hotel did you end up booking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That is an excellent hotel. Have a look at it on tripadvisor. It is to be recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

steve7085 wrote: »
    Hi,

I need advice please, I booked a hotel through expedia a mysterious hotel it was guaranteed to be a 5 star hotel on the las vegas strip.

Then when they emailed me the confirmation it was only a 4 star hotel which is not on the strip in Las Vegas it is actually off the strip.

Is there anything I can do?

does the wording of your booking say you will get a 'guaranteed 5 star on the strip' ? Do they define what a 5 star is or what the strip is?

i'd go back to them and tell them they arent giving you what was booked!

as for a refund/ discount

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Whilst your hotel is not technically overlooking the strip, it is at the back of the citycenter resort, if you have access straight through the citycenter to the strip then its grand, the majority of hotel rooms along the strip are facing away from it.

I've been to Las Vegas twice and stayed in the Monte Carlo next to it and it is fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement