Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yeah I thought I read somewhere that he wouldn't be in two episodes.

• I think he's not in the second last episode and the finale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

he's in the final but not a episode or two before that as they had shot the final before the rest of the episodes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

2 episodes too few in my opinion, going by his performances so far. I feel sorry for the rest of the cast really: regardless what we think of the series so far, they all clearly love working together and get on really well - it comes out in their own performances. But Chevy hanging around & bringing the mood down with his obvious lack of professionalism must be really trying at times...

can only make them stronger, wonder who he'll be replaced with or will he just disappear or will they give him a send off. Would be nice for him to be given a send off instead of just brushed under the carpet I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

allanb49 wrote: »
    can only make them stronger, wonder who he'll be replaced with or will he just disappear or will they give him a send off. Would be nice for him to be given a send off instead of just brushed under the carpet I think
    DH would probably kill him in as a device to being the group back together or stay at Greendale (or whatever). The new bunch probably won't replace him now that they've already done that in jest. They'll probably just end up saying he graduated or something

I enjoyed that episode, didn't laugh a whole lot but still enjoyed it.
    Saw the ending coming, but still loved the "Why did I do that?" line. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Loved that one. Chang not understanding anything even simple stuff like hats was brilliant.

"You love her so much, you called her over and over and over again. Even though you don't know her or how to use a phone or what a number is."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

havnt finished the episode yet, but had to say I loved
    shirley's line about kevin being a choice

also I am a sucker for these type of episodes.

edit:

finished it.

Yeah I liked that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Really enjoyed that episode. Although I always love episodes featuring a nice dosage of Chang

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That was great! I'm getting a bit of a season 2 vibe from the show atm.

I always love Abed's documentaries.

Although tbh if this was the episode that pissed Chevy off I don't blame him, they took his folksy racism a bit far with the puppets

• The puppet thing was a bit far and wouldn't be surprised if that's what set him off. It must be tough for Chevy to do things like that - I mean, in his heyday, he was rubbing shoulders with the likes of Richard Pryor and others. And now then they had him doing racist hand puppets.

I wonder if this episode was shot first or at least early, because this is the most animated we've seen him so far.

Apart from that, for me, it was the first proper Community episode, where I actually did laugh once or twice.

Aaand ratings drop to a 1.0.
    Really don't know why it fluctuates so much, the last two episodes were good so they should have kept the viewers in.

Apparently it was because of some DST thing on, BBT dropped to 4.5 which is a low for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another Greendale episode, my goodness we are spoilt the last two weeks :rolleyes: It was enjoyable enough, even if the documentary format had been done before, and you could predict the twist about Kevin a mile away; especially once Jeff decided to unmask the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Enjoyed that. Two in a row for me. Hopefully the worst is past us.

Was talking about Chase leaving last night and we where saying it would be awesome if as a final FU to Chase they got Bill Murray in to replace him.

allanb49 wrote: »
    Was talking about Chase leaving last night and we where saying it would be awesome if as a final FU to Chase they got Bill Murray in to replace him.
    Well his ego would certainly be a good fit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I enjoyed that episode, didn't laugh a whole lot but still enjoyed it.
    Saw the ending coming, but still loved the "Why did I do that?" line. :D

I loved that bit too.

Although it did depress me when I realised it's possibly the first time I've spontaneously laughed in about 3 episodes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Best of the season so far, and a couple of clever quick jokes to boot (macguffin institute, heh)

jT4rtZS.gif

• Advertisement

Awww
    Dan Harmon has said he wanted Murray to play Jeff Winger’s father

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Bill Murray played "John Winger" in the 1981 movie "Stripes". It could have worked. The jokes just write themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Abed's Documentary was, in my opinion, the first proper episode of Community this season- the Thanks Giving episode and the Halloween episode had its moments but this one was genuinely funny throughout and no point did I feel awkward watching it (like I did watching the atrocious Convention episode and slightly racist German episode)- I think the Inception episode they tried to fit to much in and just seemed scattered and all over the place (as well as getting the rhythm totally wrong with regards the editing)

Also, just wondering if any of ye have listened to this interview with Andy Bobrow, the co-executive producer on this seasons Community- interesting to have him talk about the whole Chevy and Dan scenario, plus how he admits the writing for this season is kind of missing Dan's authoritarian approach to the editing (which explain why the pacing of the episodes seems all out of sync)
    There are also interviews/chats with Joel McHale and Danny Pudi
    Warning: It contains spoilers for the season

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Honestly, I've read a few posts from different posters proclaiming that episode x has been a more community-esque episode than the previous ones...but to date I disagree, this season has been diabolically bad, so much so that I'm disliking most of the characters, troy is still awesome but everyone else not so much. I really want the show to get better, but with only half the season to go I doubt that's going to happen.

• This was actually a pretty great comparison over the past 3 seasons of Community. While the person who made this video doesn't like the way the characters are going, a lot of it can be explained to a certain amount.

Some of the directions yeah, but things like Britta becoming an idiot, or Chang / the Dean turning into pantomime characters are less easy to explain ...

• The Dean, perhaps, but the way I kinda figure with Chang is that he's always had a fragile state of mind, even as a teacher. When he got fired, he became fixated on their study group and wanting to join, but they've constantly strung him along, probably to the point where he cracked and went insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Why that one felt like a season 1 type episode... I laughed a lot...
    Regardless of how bad the season began, it seems to be finding its feet again...

It's definitely been improving in quality the past few episodes. That is my favourite episode so far.

Loved the where the dean made magnitude stop saying his catchphrase
    "no pop? "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

More sub-standard dreck unfortunately..

.. only the closing Lets / Splingles moment gave me a laugh!

34cb6ab0c1a5441d2eba1ea4a30a87f4.jpg

It's a shadow of the show I used to love at this point!

Advertisement