Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cemeteries in Galway

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

the dead did not like it when the new fire station was built on the graveyard in the claddagh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The osi links won't show up for me, all i get is a pale blue screen when i try to view - any ideas anyone?.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Fuinseog wrote: »
    the dead did not like it when the new fire station was built on the graveyard in the claddagh.

... ????

Not fair to just leave us hanging like that ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

You may need to download the OSI free viewer to explore the online interactive maps, it is available on their homepage.

Tutorial on how to use it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

JustMary wrote: »
    ... ????

Not fair to just leave us hanging like that ....

I might have mentioned it before. when the station was being built circa 1957 ladders started falling down mysteriously and other objects started moving about by themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

missymoo. wrote: »
    Does anyone have information on Bolands Land in the Dr Mannix Road/ Glenard area of Salthill... it was the site of a cemetery, two wealthy sisters owned most of the land in this area and part of this was a cemetery apparently known as Boland's Cemetery, I know of the one in Lenaboy its not that..... any info would be great thanks

I think the one you are referring to is the graveyard for the dominican nuns, i grew up beside the Ardilaun, i remember the Boland sisters, but never heard anything about a graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kalilileth

There is also a cemetery in the grounds of the hospital (St. Brigids?) in Prospect Hill which is now part of the County Buildings. I think it was used as a childrens burial ground.
    There is also one at the rear of the Magdalene Asylum as well as graves of women from the Asylum in the New Cemetery in Bohermore.
    As far as I know, Rahoon Cemetery is the one on the left going up the hill. The new cemetery in Rahoon is, I think, called St. Josephs Cemetery.
    There is also a cemetery at the rear of the Methodist Church in Victoria Place as well as at St. Nicholas Collegiate Church.
    Is there one at the Presbyterian Church (now an arts centre I think?) at Nun's Island?
    And is there one at the Poor Clares Monastery in Nun's Island?
    Think there was also one at Joyce's House, later Royal Tara, in Mervue as well as St. James.
    Also I think there was one at the Redemptorist Monastery, now part of GMIT at Wellpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Rahoon is Mount Saint James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 cytop

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Rahoon is Mount Saint James.

That stirs a memory... have just skimmed the thread, but has St James cemetery in Michael Collins Road been mentioned?

Bit of a write up here...

Edit: Seems it has. Just 2 posts above :)

Advertisement