Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pricing inquiry

Options
  • 15-11-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was wondering if anyone would know the average or even a ball park range quote for changing 1 single rad to a double rad. I already have the rad purchased and I'll be getting a quote from a plumber soon so I just want to be sure I'm not being quoted unfairly.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

cit04 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone would know the average or even a ball park range quote for changing 1 single rad to a double rad. I already have the rad purchased and I'll be getting a quote from a plumber soon so I just want to be sure I'm not being quoted unfairly.

Thanks

What pipe is going up to the existing rad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cit04

Thanks for the reply, I don't know a lot about it but it's just a 1 copper pipe going into it. If that's what you're asking. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

A plumber wont go to far out of his way to price for a rad replacement and your suppling the rad your better of getting a recommendation ring for a rough price and go with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

cit04 wrote: »

Thanks
    max price 200 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Is your new radiator the same width as your old single rad? The reason I ask is because if the plumber has to move /change one of the pipes going to the radiator then his price will be higher than if he has no pipework to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement