Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SEAI Boiler and Insulation Grant

Options
  • 15-11-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking see if anyone can recommend someone around North Co.Dublin that can install a new oil boiler with controls and also do cavity wall and roof insulation they will need to be SEAI registered as I am planning to use the SEAI grant.

Also would anyone have a guidline price on what this will cost, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

WilkBMC wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking see if anyone can recommend someone around North Co.Dublin that can install a new oil boiler with controls and also do cavity wall and roof insulation they will need to be SEAI registered as I am planning to use the SEAI grant.

Also would anyone have a guidline price on what this will cost, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Neil

Try johnniek, Shane 007 or k flyer on here. No idea what what the insulation will cost but for boiler and controls you'd be looking at approx 4k I'd say. Every job is different and so is every price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

three bed house Gavity wall to be pumped costs around 1500 to 2000 euros. External insulation 100mm is around 10 -12000k and internal insulation can verify from 6k up for 78.5mm warmboard.
    attics come in at around 600 to 800 euro. again it depends on the insulation that is already there and ventilation, trap doors, down lighters,;

if there is any gas in your area id recommend changing over from the oil. Gas boilers are much more efficient cleaner and handier to keep the bills under control.
    Zoning the heating into different zoning would also be much more beneficial of having full control of the heating system. Id certainly zone a heating system before I'd change a boiler over.

electric ireland are also giving credit back to customers who up grade heating controls and insulation. I know it's 616 euro for a 3 zone sytem and new boiler up grade.
    There is only a few companies that can offer this extra incentive I will pm you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WilkBMC

Thanks very much lads, I will contact johnniek, Shane 007 or k flyer as recommended and have also requested a quote from the other crowd you pm'd me about.

Advertisement