Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom webmail - reset password

• 24-05-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am urgently trying to reset my eircom.net email password. I know there is a webpage to allow you reset passwords. But it says I am using a non-Irish ISP, so I cannot use it. I use 3 BBand cos I am in the NBS area.

I have spent 2 hours trying to find out who to phone to have the password reset. Utter failure. I had considered returning to eircom as a customer but this experience puts me right off. The support is very poor.

One option is to go somewhere that has eircom bband and log in there. I am housebound at the moment. I urgently need to download an important email.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I am urgently trying to reset my eircom.net email password. I know there is a webpage to allow you reset passwords. But it says I am using a non-Irish ISP, so I cannot use it. I use 3 BBand cos I am in the NBS area.

I have spent 2 hours trying to find out who to phone to have the password reset. Utter failure. I had considered returning to eircom as a customer but this experience puts me right off. The support is very poor.

One option is to go somewhere that has eircom bband and log in there. I am housebound at the moment. I urgently need to download an important email.

Managed to find it in 30 seconds
    http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Says to call
    1901 (abroad: +353 1 678 8888)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Humdinger1966

Unfortunately the number you mention only works for existing eircom customers (ie landline/bband etc). It asks for my number then tells me.... "sorry you are not an eircom customer". Which is fine, I am not. But I still have an old eircom email address and I CANNOT reset the password!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum, but since you're not a customer of theirs then I'm not sure they're obliged to do anything about this. You're availing of a free service, so it's not likely to come with many guarantees.

Not looking for any guarantees, just the ability to change the password. What about all those who have left these shores during the recession? If they forget a password then (assuming they are no longer eircom customers), they are unable to reset the password. Is eircom the only supplier in the world to do this? Pure madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Humdinger1966,

Thank you for your post on our Boards Forum. If you would like me to make this change, just PM the following key information :

Your Name and eircom Account number.
    Your eircom email address
    Your current email Password
    The Password you require (6 to 8 alpha-numeric characters).
    For future password security, please provide answers for 2 security questions : what is your mother's maiden name? and what is your favorite movie?

As regarding non-eircom broadband customers contacting eircom Technical Support: There is absolutely no problem if you need to call into eircom Technical Support regarding your eircom email Account.

You just need to call 1890 260260 (locall) - 8am - 10pm (7 Days).

Ignore any request for your landline or phone number and just request to speak with a Technical Support representative.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Humdinger1966,

Thank you for your post on our Boards Forum. If you would like me to make this change, just PM the following key information :

Your Name and eircom Account number.
    Your eircom email address
    Your current email Password
    The Password you require (6 to 8 alpha-numeric upper or lower characters).
    For future password security, please provide answers for 2 security questions : what is your mother's maiden name? and what is your favorite movie?

As regarding non-eircom broadband customers contacting eircom Technical Support: There is absolutely no problem if you need to call into eircom Technical Support regarding your eircom email Account.

You just need to call 1890 260260 (locall) - 8am - 10pm (7 Days).

Ignore any request for your landline or phone number and just request to speak with a Technical Support representative.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Thanks to all who replied. Eircom Ant has resolved the problem for me and I am now on email once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tinahely

I am trying to reset my Eircom.net e-mail password - alas without much success.

I have tried to reset using the Eircom.net webpage, but without success.

I have call several numbers (1890 260 260 / 1800 203 204 / 1530 27710) - spent a number of hours waiting, but without success (can't imagine how much these calls will cost!).

I am no longer an Eircom customer, as I switched due to the poor broadband performance.

Could one of the Eircom Representatives assist?  Humdinger 1966 seems to have had a positive result!

Assistance would be much appreciated.

Tinahely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Tinahely wrote: »
    I am trying to reset my Eircom.net e-mail password - alas without much success.

I have tried to reset using the Eircom.net webpage, but without success.

I have call several numbers (1890 260 260 / 1800 203 204 / 1530 27710) - spent a number of hours waiting, but without success (can't imagine how much these calls will cost!).

I am no longer an Eircom customer, as I switched due to the poor broadband performance.

Could one of the Eircom Representatives assist?  Humdinger 1966 seems to have had a positive result!

Assistance would be much appreciated.

Tinahely
    Hi Tinahely
    I am afraid in this case you do have to call the number you posted above 1530 277100.
    The technical support agents have to satisfy various date protection criteria before they can change any account details. As you are not an eircom account holder we here would not be able to make the change for you.
    Tony

Advertisement