Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Samsung Smart Hub Problems

• 16-04-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung Smart TV Model F6400 (2013 Model) and I now noticed I have having problems with the Smart Hub.

I have now noticed the Photos,Video and Music Tab is now missing from the TV.

I have done the updates for the TV when they were needed but now at a loss how to get this tab back. The page will still come up but only when I plug a USB device into the TV. I have reset the TV and the smart hub back to factory settings but it has made no difference.

Does anyone else have this TV? It is possible to reverse the software updates on this TV?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

I had to factory reset mine a few times, to get Netflix to work and also try to get Smart hub to work.

Still wont download new apps saying 3010 error and can't select any icon from the pop list at the bottom.

http://www.eyeondemand.com/2014/04/04/how-to-full-factory-reset-of-samsung-tv/
    Step 1: Make sure your TV is on standby (i.e. off, but plugged into the wall)

Step 2: Using your remote, press the following buttons in exactly this order: INFO – MENU – MUTE – POWER.

Note: You have to press them rather quickly one after another, and make sure the remote is properly pointing to the TV.

Step 3: The TV will now switch on, and after a moment, display the service menu. If after about 10 or 15 seconds the service menu doesn’t appear, switch off the TV and try again.

Step 4: Press the Options button (It’s the first option).

Step 4: Press the Factory Reset Button (Again, it’s the first option).

Step 5: The TV will now switch off.

Step 6: Switch the TV back on, and begin the full setup process from the beginning.

It goes without saying that a factory reset will wipe all your presets and any favourites you have set. It will effectively return the set back to what it was coming out from Samsung’s factory.

Also check this forum for tips
    http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/The_H_Series_Wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Firefox11 wrote: »
    I have a Samsung Smart TV Model F6400 (2013 Model) and I now noticed I have having problems with the Smart Hub.

I have done the updates for the TV when they were needed but now at a loss how to get this tab back. The page will still come up but only when I plug a USB device into the TV. I have reset the TV and the smart hub back to factory settings but it has made no difference.

Does anyone else have this TV? It is possible to reverse the software updates on this TV?

Thanks

Yes, same issue after doing an update on both an F8500 and an F6400. I have found no solution as of yet. I also checked AVForums and there's nothing there about it either. The only thing I will say is that if you are accessing a NAS over DLNA or USB device you can choose 'Source' on the Samsung Remote Control and access it from there in a similar fashion. If I come across anything better I'll post back here.
    PS. I tried a Smart Hub Reset, but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Yes, same issue after doing an update on both an F8500 and an F6400. I have found no solution as of yet. I also checked AVForums and there's nothing there about it either. The only thing I will say is that if you are accessing a NAS over DLNA or USB device you can choose 'Source' on the Samsung Remote Control and access it from there in a similar fashion. If I come across anything better I'll post back here.
    PS. I tried a Smart Hub Reset, but to no avail.

Yeah, it seems Samsung has screwed up the updates on these TV's it looks like. They might fix it in the next update but I hear samsung are going to be using a completely different interface for the smart hub on their new TV's so who knows.

I did the same, scoured the web and could not find anything. Even rung up samsung support and they were next to useless of course. :(

Yep. thats works fine going through source from the remote. didnt think of that thanks. :)

I might try the 'hard reset' as Johnny Bitte has described above as I have not tried this yet. Thanks Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Firefox11 wrote: »

Thanks

I have a Samsung BD E1600 & same happened to me, as when i clicked on the smart hub icon, it all disappeared & different ones came back inc RTE Player+Netflix & Movies & Tv shows (i found out its not available to me) etc.

Also when typing this, i got an update & an onscreen dialog came up saying that Movies & TV Shows service ends July 1 & stay tuned for some more features

So i assume what ever icons were there first, have now been discontinued, is my guess?

Advertisement