Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

"do not power off" error on Blue Diamond TV

• 14-02-2015 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Every time i try to turn on my TV (32" Blue Diamond) i get a black screen that says "Do not power off" in strong italic and a loading bar under it. i have let the bar fill to 100% but it just resets back to 0%.
    I have left the TV scanning for days and nothing changed. Rarely the error doesn't show and the TV works fine until switched off.

Does anybody know why this problem occurs and/or how to fix it?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Every time i try to turn on my TV (32" Blue Diamond) i get a black screen that says "Do not power off" in strong italic and a loading bar under it. i have let the bar fill to 100% but it just resets back to 0%.
    I have left the TV scanning for days and nothing changed. Rarely the error doesn't show and the TV works fine until switched off.

Does anybody know why this problem occurs and/or how to fix it?

Thanks for any help

Did you get any where on solving this? Happening on a 15" TV for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roseofkells

sgarvan wrote: »

Having the same problem. Any ways to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

TV requires a software update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

TV requires a software update

Where can one get these updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roseofkells

Where can one get these updates?
    Any luck having the same problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jeanlemure

Hi.
    I have a 22" combi tv/dvd from blue diamond and exactly the same issue.
    I've been cutting the power several times until it turns on but now it does not turn on at all.
    Being this an OEM tv, I've also tried to use updates from sharp, jvc and many others who have similar models but had no luck.
    It seems we all have a brick tv at home.
    Already tried to get an answer from D.I.D. and got no plausible answer at all.

This is illegal programmed obsolence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 moesart

Hi happening me on 26" combi any chance anyone found where to download update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Repairman19

Hi, I have serviced Blue Diamond TVs and
    From what you say, it's a software issue
    You will need to get the correct software on a USB stick and plug it into the usb socket then turn on TV , and blue light will flash when it stops then turn on TV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Repairman19,

Welcome to Boards - replies to questions here are always welcome - however, you have replied to a question asked over three years ago ! Resurrecting an old thread like this is not very useful and so is discouraged.

As you are a new Boards user, I would advise you to take a moment to read the Boards FAQ (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq) and to note carefully that while offering useful advice to other users is very welcome, offering or advertising your services on Boards is strictly forbidden.

I'm closing this thread due to its old age :-).

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement