Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Wrong Stand Screws Broke Flatscreen TV???

• 12-05-2015 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Does this sound right? Recently go a 32" Flatscreen Philips fixed (cost 130euro). My brother (who shouldn't be let within a mile of a screwdriver) attached the stand. However when he tried to turn on the newly repaired TV it wouldn't work. So we sent it back. The repair guy just got back to me to say that the wrong screws were used and whatever way the stand was screwed on it broke the TV beyond repair. Again does this make sense to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Did he use the screws supplied with the tv? Did they day what was broken exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ironcage

No, I don't know where he got the screws but they weren't the original ones. They said that the screws were too long and protruded into the TV and damaged the main board. Does that sound right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Very possible. He'd have had to be applying some force though, you'd think he'd notice something was wrong.

Well he really really doesn't have the knack for these things - that's to put it mildly.

A grand TV ruined by a few screws, tragic.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sometimes there are two sets of screws, some for the base, some to attach the panel to the stand. Costly lesson!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Sorry op, I don't think there is much that can be done here. If he used screws that weren't supplied then it is the owners fault. It sucks, but the manufacturer cannot be held responsible.

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement